User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Virginia Traffic Ticket Fines

The fines for some Virginia traffic tickets are going way up for violations after July 1. There will now be a three year fine tacked on to the fine from the court for a long list of violations. The additional fines start at 250 per year up to 1000 per year. This is for Virginia drivers only that receive a traffic ticket in Virginia. It looks like the one that may most effect CDL drivers is the extra 350.00 for overweight. Here is the link with the full list.

http://www.courts.state.va.us/publications/hb_3202.pdf
Old 06-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Holy crap, Batman! I love how they even use the words "generate revenue" in that.

I don't see anything standing out for the "normal range" of speeding. Just for 80+ or for 20 over, plus the "reckless" category applies in a CMV if you're going 15 over. It doesn't look like there's some huge fine for 0-14 over.

On the subject of law enforcement in Virginia, I heard on the (local FM) radio they're going to be rolling out the air bears "this weekend" to look for dangerous trucks, in particular. I would imagine "this weekend" probably starts tomorrow, and lasts until they meet their quota for truck tickets, and/or run out of money in the budget to pay for av gas.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Thats why its called the " $ Common Wealth $ "

Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Virginia had to find a way to generate some extra shekels after the idea of turning I-81 into a tollroad got shot down. Guess they found it??

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Rookie
Default virginia in your wallet

I was born an raised in Va. and moved to Texas in 1990. I found a job here making exact to the penny in wages and found a house to rent for the same as I was paying there. However my quality of life improved drastically. No more weekly state tax payroll deduction, no more yearly property tax payments on my vehicles. The list just goes on and on. Groceries were much cheaper here than there. Im not saying Texas is perfect , Far from it. We have our share of problems. I am saying if I live out the rest of my life and never set foot in Va again Ill be a happy man. Hope I dont offend any Virginians out there. Va may be for lovers as they say But its damn sure not for me.