User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2007, 06:47 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

OK SS, let's try this one more time, and for the last time. Seems things have gotten a bit off track......

1. I asked a QUESTION......and asked for input. I received alot of answers, mostly helpful, one not.

2. I was not bitching...I like my job. Again, I was asking a QUESTION.

3. No need to try to find anything to bitch about, I like my job as stated above. We're Teamsters, good pay, good benefits etc. We just have one dispatcher who kept throwing this out to everyone. That's why .... I asked the QUESTION.

4. Our runs are pretty much the same, and we're on bids, so they can't play with us there even if they wanted to. From what I've seen don't think they would. My employer/dispatcher/coworkers all get along fine and work well together. I needed some clarification because the rules can get fuzzy sometimes and full of loopholes and/or contradictions.

5. If the Post was not directed at me, then who? It was my Post. No biggie though, got my QUESTION answered.

6. Not cryin' or bitchin', and haven't had to work a 16 yet. Certainly don't intend on quittin'. You may start the attack if you wish, I don't have time for it.

Happy Motoring......
Old 06-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteamomaha
OK SS, let's try this one more time, and for the last time. Seems things have gotten a bit off track......

1. I asked a QUESTION......and asked for input. I received alot of answers, mostly helpful, one not.

2. I was not bitching...I like my job. Again, I was asking a QUESTION.

3. No need to try to find anything to bitch about, I like my job as stated above. We're Teamsters, good pay, good benefits etc. We just have one dispatcher who kept throwing this out to everyone. That's why .... I asked the QUESTION.

4. Our runs are pretty much the same, and we're on bids, so they can't play with us there even if they wanted to. From what I've seen don't think they would. My employer/dispatcher/coworkers all get along fine and work well together. I needed some clarification because the rules can get fuzzy sometimes and full of loopholes and/or contradictions.

5. If the Post was not directed at me, then who? It was my Post. No biggie though, got my QUESTION answered.

6. Not cryin' or bitchin', and haven't had to work a 16 yet. Certainly don't intend on quittin'. You may start the attack if you wish, I don't have time for it.

Happy Motoring......

Well lets see here, the DOT rules here says a driver can use this exception 1 time a week as long as you return to your home terminal EVERY DAY!!! By the way, this exception should not be confused with the adverse weather condition exception! Your post said you were worried about being TIRED and of safety, but the LAW says it is fine 1 day a week, go figure.....lol I was in the restaurant business delivering to Little Caesars pizza stores for 10 yrs and sometimes for 1 reason or another stops can take longer sometimes and eats up your driving time. A route may only have lets say 4 hrs driving time but lets say there is more freight for the stores that week so your work time is increased, this is the reason for the exception!!! The comment I made about " you all bitch here" was a broad statement. You are not "You all" and the people that was intended for KNOW who they ARE!!!! I don’t know you from a hole in the ground,and to tell you the truth, I don’t want too. this was the first post I have read of yours, but it know looks like we will be bumping heads a lot!! Looks to me you are spoiling for a fight anyway or the work is just too much for you! This industry is full of long days, get used to it or go work for a fast food restaurant somewhere where you only work 6 hrs a day. Then you wont be so tired after a long days work!!! Nowhere in my original post did I attack you, if I would have, I would have quoted your post in mine, like I did this time!!! Go back and read my post, there was help in it!! So get over yourself!!! Remember when some one is talking to YOU in a topic; they will use your QUOTE in the body of their message. Have a wonderful day, and DON’T WORK TO HARD……lol

Wanna hear a piss off, I am not Union but make union wages, and have great benefits also. This is the kicker, I DONT PAY DUES....lol
And a long days work has never bothered MEEEEEEEE.....lol
If a company KNOWS the day is going to be a little longer than normal, but can be done in 16 hrs, and knowing you can not do this again for the week, YES they WILL EXPECT you to do it!!! The law says you can, so they will too!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: ops: ops: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Yes then can ask you work a 16hr day.

We run into this all the time in LTL land.

Most everything we do except road driving is considered line 4. The one exception is running the Hosteling tractor is considered driving by Con-Way.

I've had weeks where we were crazy busy where I was at my 70 after a 5 day week. Using your extension is about the only time you have to worry about running out of your 70hrs. We reset every weekend.

Breakdowns and or delays at the meet point or Hubs getting you freight to go home are the most common causes. It also happens when we have more freight than drivers in the summer and I get voluntold to run to Sacramento after 6-8hrs of working city & dock.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:41 PM

Man...Outlaw what's up with young people today nobody wants to work..Throw enough cash in my face I'll work...lol..
Old 07-01-2007, 06:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larz0142
Man...Outlaw what's up with young people today nobody wants to work..Throw enough cash in my face I'll work...lol..

Go figure...lol I think it has to do with the world owes you a living type of shi$ :shock: :shock:
Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Board Regular

I use this rule every now and then to get home from the NYC or CT. Because we all know how NYC and CT traffic can be. It don't bother me it just lets me do those loads which pay pretty damn good. :lol: