User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Personal opinion is that if you have a gun in the vehicle you are apt to use it in circumstances that will you killed. NOTHING we haul is worth your life and pulling a firearm is tantamount to saying, go ahead, shoot me. Another negative is that your truck will become a target for a thief if they find out you have a firearm in there. 2 reasons, 1) if you "need" a gun, you probably have something valuable, 2) The thief wants the gun.

In this age with Road Rage at an all time high, carrying a gun is, in my opinion, a poor choice compared to using a little self control. All you have to do is pull the thing out and your driving career is over with jail time imminent. Just takes one citizen that sees it and you are the one in trouble.

Keep your doors locked, watch your surroundings, I you see something you don't like, don't get out and confront it, drive off. Much safer than a firearm!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655
Personal opinion is that if you have a gun in the vehicle you are apt to use it in circumstances that will you killed. NOTHING we haul is worth your life and pulling a firearm is tantamount to saying, go ahead, shoot me. Another negative is that your truck will become a target for a thief if they find out you have a firearm in there. 2 reasons, 1) if you "need" a gun, you probably have something valuable, 2) The thief wants the gun.

In this age with Road Rage at an all time high, carrying a gun is, in my opinion, a poor choice compared to using a little self control. All you have to do is pull the thing out and your driving career is over with jail time imminent. Just takes one citizen that sees it and you are the one in trouble.

Keep your doors locked, watch your surroundings, I you see something you don't like, don't get out and confront it, drive off. Much safer than a firearm!
I liked the suggestion someone had about carrying wasp spray, that way, you can defend yourself if necessary, but you wont be tempted to use it when grandpa cuts you off in traffic.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Senior Board Member

What about a tire thumper. I here that works. Me I sleep fully armed :wink:
Old 10-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
yea, but wasp spray shoots for about 50 feet, you can get them without exerting yourself.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe

how about an armed guard?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Personal opinion is that if you have a gun in the vehicle you are apt to use it in circumstances that will you killed. NOTHING we haul is worth your life and pulling a firearm is tantamount to saying, go ahead, shoot me.

Um, well the only reason you should have to draw your weapon is if you are in immediate danger of loosing your life.

Another negative is that your truck will become a target for a thief if they find out you have a firearm in there. 2 reasons, 1) if you "need" a gun, you probably have something valuable, 2) The thief wants the gun.

Having a concealed weapon is exactly that, concealed. No one knows you have it and you don't advertise it. Otherwise you would lose any tactical advantage over the bad guy.

In this age with Road Rage at an all time high, carrying a gun is, in my opinion, a poor choice compared to using a little self control.

You shouldn't have a gun if you can't have self control. You shouldn't drive a car if you don't have self control.

All you have to do is pull the thing out and your driving career is over with jail time imminent. Just takes one citizen that sees it and you are the one in trouble.

Again, you never draw your weapon unless your intent is to defend your life. Most clowns that go around waving guns are the exception and not the rule.

In a perfect world this may be possible. But in light of the crime ridden truck stops that are almost always in bad neighborhoods, it's not always possible to "just drive off."
No offense baldeagle, but that is a very uneducated opinion. You've been listening to the fear mongers with the Democratic party. Anyone who has any sense of responsibility would not have any of the scenarios of gun waving happen to them.

I've have a concealed handgun permit and have had one for over 10 years. Not once have I ever had to draw my weapon. But if my life, or the lives of my familiy, are in ever in a life threatening situation I will defend myself with no second thought.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

I would NEVER pull a gun to "show" it hoping they get scared off.

If a situation warrants the decision to raise and aim my firearm somebody is about to have a bad day.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Personal opinion is that if you have a gun in the vehicle you are apt to use it in circumstances that will you killed. NOTHING we haul is worth your life and pulling a firearm is tantamount to saying, go ahead, shoot me.

Um, well the only reason you should have to draw your weapon is if you are in immediate danger of loosing your life.

Another negative is that your truck will become a target for a thief if they find out you have a firearm in there. 2 reasons, 1) if you "need" a gun, you probably have something valuable, 2) The thief wants the gun.

Having a concealed weapon is exactly that, concealed. No one knows you have it and you don't advertise it. Otherwise you would lose any tactical advantage over the bad guy.

In this age with Road Rage at an all time high, carrying a gun is, in my opinion, a poor choice compared to using a little self control.

You shouldn't have a gun if you can't have self control. You shouldn't drive a car if you don't have self control.

All you have to do is pull the thing out and your driving career is over with jail time imminent. Just takes one citizen that sees it and you are the one in trouble.

Again, you never draw your weapon unless your intent is to defend your life. Most clowns that go around waving guns are the exception and not the rule.

In a perfect world this may be possible. But in light of the crime ridden truck stops that are almost always in bad neighborhoods, it's not always possible to "just drive off."
No offense baldeagle, but that is a very uneducated opinion. You've been listening to the fear mongers with the Democratic party. Anyone who has any sense of responsibility would not have any of the scenarios of gun waving happen to them.

I have a concealed handgun permit now and have had one for over 10 years. Not once have I ever had to draw my weapon. But if my life, or the lives of my familiy, are in ever in a life threatening situation I will defend myself with no second thought.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Board Regular

Greg, I knew someone would try to twist my words! You basically said exactly what I said, but I was being realistic. There are too many drivers out there that if they were allowed to carry a weapon WOULD wave it around, brag about it and pull it on grandpa when they pulled out in front of you! Problem with what you said is that if you were in "immediate danger of loosing your life" you probably are not going to have time to get your weapon.

I resent that you are using typecasting (listening to democrats) in your argument. I am using real life experiences as my reference! I have seen drivers wave a gun around bragging that they will use it if they are robbed, I have seen 1 driver KILLED after waving it around when a punk kid decided he needed a gun, broke into the cab of the truck with the co-driver of the gun waving idiot in the bunk. The kid grabbed the gun from under the seat where the first driver had placed it after waving it around, the co-driver stuck his head out and got killed. Sure, this was 25 years ago but there are still drivers like that on the road today.

Personal opinion, guns have no business in any vehicle, commercial or otherwise unless you are a law enforcement officer. Although you may not wave it around, there are too many nuts out there driving big trucks today that would wave it around and jeopardize themselves safety as well as everyone around!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Greg, I knew someone would try to twist my words! You basically said exactly what I said, but I was being realistic. There are too many drivers out there that if they were allowed to carry a weapon WOULD wave it around, brag about it and pull it on grandpa when they pulled out in front of you! Problem with what you said is that if you were in "immediate danger of loosing your life" you probably are not going to have time to get your weapon.

I resent that you are using typecasting (listening to democrats) in your argument. I am using real life experiences as my reference! I have seen drivers wave a gun around bragging that they will use it if they are robbed, I have seen 1 driver KILLED after waving it around when a punk kid decided he needed a gun, broke into the cab of the truck with the co-driver of the gun waving idiot in the bunk. The kid grabbed the gun from under the seat where the first driver had placed it after waving it around, the co-driver stuck his head out and got killed. Sure, this was 25 years ago but there are still drivers like that on the road today.

Personal opinion, guns have no business in any vehicle, commercial or otherwise unless you are a law enforcement officer. Although you may not wave it around, there are too many nuts out there driving big trucks today that would wave it around and jeopardize themselves safety as well as everyone around!
Too bad the 2nd Ammendment gets in the way of personal opinion. Your example offers further proof of why everyone should be armed. Had the co-driver had his own gun he would still be alive. The keyword here is responsible ownership.