User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Canadian trucker into US and thier Dot history ?

Hi i am a Canadian trucker running I- 5 and got one point/ticket on my CDL in California , i was wondering how many points/tickets could ban my entry into US? and is there a record or history that they keep for us in US for employment and other purposes and can we check that? .....thanks
Old 04-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Canadian trucker into US and thier Dot history ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srytrucker
Hi i am a Canadian trucker running I- 5 and got one point/ticket on my CDL in California , i was wondering how many points/tickets could ban my entry into US? and is there a record or history that they keep for us in US for employment and other purposes and can we check that? .....thanks
Well....it would all depend on what the ticket(s) are for. If for simple speeding....as in 5 or 10 mph over....probably nothing to really panic over.

As for how man tickets...actually its a "points" on the license issue, and that can be up to a judge's discretion....an egregious offense can get you "license-less" for a couple of years.... But as far as "banning" you as a driver? Good question....probably best answered by INS (Immigration) at the border.

As far as employment history....US companies for the most part use DAC/USIS.....but if you are a Canadian, working for a Canadian company, there may be no actual history (work) about you other than what your own employer has on you. INS can tell you how many times you have crossed the border, and when and where....probably to the minute though.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Rookie

i was nailed for doing 62 in 55 zone California now in that respect i saw one point penalty but a lawyer told me it is 1.5 points so who is right .......
Old 04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srytrucker
i was nailed for doing 62 in 55 zone California now in that respect i saw one point penalty but a lawyer told me it is 1.5 points so who is right .......
Honestly.... I don't know who is right :? I have never seen a ticket with a half a point on it....but then again.... I've been very, very lucky in that aspect. I would have to say that only the court can tell you what the point/s will be.

When I go to CA.....I'm fanatical about staying under 57 out there. Just like in OH and IL. So far I've managed to not get any tickets in the past 24 years..... 8) But I give as much credit to "luck" as I do "watchfulness".

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.