User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ticket

If he is doing the speed limit and in the correct lane no he will not get a ticket!. But if you jump out to pass you can get a ticket for impeding if your not back in the right lane in 90 seconds ! I got one in CA.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpuppy
If he is doing the speed limit and in the correct lane no he will not get a ticket!. But if you jump out to pass you can get a ticket for impeding if your not back in the right lane in 90 seconds ! I got one in CA.
That rule as applied in CA....does not apply in 99% of other places. In GA, specifically the Atlanta Metro...on I-285, trucks with more than 6 wheels are restricted to the two right hand lanes...except within a short distance of the exit to I-20 on the west side of Atlanta...if you are going north to take I-20 west...its a left exit, and you can go into the hammer lane to exit. Other than that....doing 55 or even a little less in the center right lane is legal. Might upset some 4 wheelers and supertruckers...but its still legal. 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:02 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Impeding traffic, speed limits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madii'swife
Alright, my hubby and I are disagreeing on something I thought I'd bring here and see if anybody has the answer.
He's driving on I-75 around Atlanta, GA. Posted speed limit is 55, most other traffic is doing close to 70, if not more. My husband is thinking that he can get ticketed for impeding traffic if he doesn't come close to staying with the rest of the traffic. Can he? I would think as long as you're not going way under the posted speed limit, or the speed limit minimum that you'd be just fine on that...
Does anybody KNOW?
In Atlanta anything is Possible. All pending how many Truckers been in a accident there lately too. I have heard of that happening to, the police giving someone a ticket for not going with the flow of traffic.

I use to do some flea markets in SC. In SC there is a Limit how slow you can go. I would come up behind a old man every Saterday night on my way home doing 30 MPH in a 55. Min limit was 45. One evening after coming up on him in a blind curve in Georgia. I almost did not slow in time. After I got around him, I ran across a Sherriff and waved him down and talked to him about it. But he said here in Georgia, he can not do anything..
Old 04-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Senior Board Member

I wasn't thinking there was much chance of a ticket for impeding traffic by doing the speed limit. I think I have him mostly convinced, hope so anyhow I like this career choice a bit too much to have him flush it with speeding tickets.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madii'swife
I wasn't thinking there was much chance of a ticket for impeding traffic by doing the speed limit. I think I have him mostly convinced, hope so anyhow I like this career choice a bit too much to have him flush it with speeding tickets.
Tell him this: If a Commercial Driver... a CDL holder gets a ticket for any moving violation.... it can no longer be "plead down to a lesser charge". The feds passed a rule preventing this. SO, if he gets a ticket....its gonna stick unless he is one "silver tongued devil" with the judge. So, its more than likely he will have to talk to a judge if he gets a ticket....thats more than likely going to cost him $$, then he is going to lose the income for that day and possibly more....because he will have to get there early....take a cab to court...not many courthouses have "truck parking" :shock: :shock: and if he has to go downtown.....hoooboy!!

Besides.... from the junction of I-285/I-75 on the southside to the junction of I-285/I-75 on the northside is only about 33 miles....which means at 55 mph or thereabouts 8) ...it will only take him 35 minutes at a legal speed, and at 65 mph...playing "supertrucker" and taking the risk of getting nailed for BIG $$....he might save about 3 to 5 minutes..... ask him if 5 minutes is worth the $$, the inconvenience of a court appearance, and also having your personal vehicle insurance go up as well for about 3 years. If he is intelligent....he'll realize that Its just not worth it!! 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:33 AM

Quote:
My husband is thinking that he can get ticketed for impeding traffic if he doesn't come close to staying with the rest of the traffic. Can he?
To say that he cannot get ticketed is stating that no cops are corrupt. Cops that pull people over and ticket people that are doing what they are supposed to are not enforcing law and ought to be fired. If law gives boundaries regarding what is permissable and a person is within those boundaries, what is the offense? :roll:

Does a law become invalidated when more than half of the people violate it? More and more people seem to think so which is why we are losing our collective mind.

But Mom, everyone else is doing it! Are you smarter than a fifth grader?
:wink: