User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 06:46 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well, if the guy really didn't do drugs, that's too bad he got himself into the situation. But where he screwed up was just in the common sense category. You have to know, especially if you've been doing it a while, that when they say it's random-time, you better be there with bells on. Now, the only one that knows whether he was dirty or not would be him...so a company is simply not going to take the risk.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Well, if the guy really didn't do drugs, that's too bad he got himself into the situation. But where he screwed up was just in the common sense category. You have to know, especially if you've been doing it a while, that when they say it's random-time, you better be there with bells on. Now, the only one that knows whether he was dirty or not would be him...so a company is simply not going to take the risk.
That's what I can't understand; Six years of driving, and he expects "a couple of days of fair warning"??

Man, the makers of "ReadyClean" would LOVE that!!

His story doesn't match up, and that really leads me to believe that there is much more here than meets the eye!!
Old 06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Board Icon

Good to see that you are here, and doing pretty good, Useless. I hope that everything works out good for ya. Always a pleasure, my friend. 8)

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 07-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, still waiting to hear back from TruckerManMikee!!

Guess he had to take TWO burger flippin' jobs to make ends meet!!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Senior Board Member

my boss called and said I was up for a random, but we werent going to miss a load over it, he said next time I got in early, to go and do it. it was the next week when I got around to it, I havent smoked pot in 30 years and never tried anything else, so I think I passed okay
Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
my boss called and said I was up for a random, but we werent going to miss a load over it, he said next time I got in early, to go and do it.
No skin off my teeth, but your boss just broke the law. He's not allowed to tell you that in advance.

If you were wanting a raise, you might want to point this out to him, with a bit of Tony Soprano "squeeze" to go along with it! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Senior Board Member

You are correct there, Golf!!

.......but I HAVE known small Mom/Pop operations where some "prized" drivers were given "a heads up" regarding upcomming testing; usually in the form of some type of encrypted message, of makeshift "code".
Old 07-14-2007, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
my boss called and said I was up for a random, but we werent going to miss a load over it, he said next time I got in early, to go and do it.
No skin off my teeth, but your boss just broke the law. He's not allowed to tell you that in advance.

If you were wanting a raise, you might want to point this out to him, with a bit of Tony Soprano "squeeze" to go along with it! :lol:
it's not against the law for the boss to tell you that you are up for a random drug test. what is he supposed to do, put a blindfold on you and take you for a surprise ride?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Quote:

it's not against the law for the boss to tell you that you are up for a random drug test. what is he supposed to do, put a blindfold on you and take you for a surprise ride?
You might want to read section 382.305 (k)(1) and (l) : quoted below
Quote:
(k)(1) Each employer shall ensure that random alcohol and controlled substances tests conducted under this part are unannounced.

(l) Each employer shall require that each driver who is notified of selection for random alcohol and/or controlled substances testing proceeds to the test site immediately; provided, however, that if the driver is performing a safety-sensitive function, other than driving a commercial motor vehicle, at the time of notification, the employer shall instead ensure that the driver ceases to perform the safety- sensitive function and proceeds to the testing site as soon as possible.
kc0iv
Old 07-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Quote:

You might want to read section 382.305 (k)(1) and (l) : quoted below
Quote:
(k)(1) Each employer shall ensure that random alcohol and controlled substances tests conducted under this part are unannounced.

(l) Each employer shall require that each driver who is notified of selection for random alcohol and/or controlled substances testing proceeds to the test site immediately; provided, however, that if the driver is performing a safety-sensitive function, other than driving a commercial motor vehicle, at the time of notification, the employer shall instead ensure that the driver ceases to perform the safety- sensitive function and proceeds to the testing site as soon as possible.
kc0iv
so what part of that says it's illegal for your boss to tell you that your name came up? he probably should have waited until I got in to tell me, but he knows I dont do drugs and it wouldnt be a problem.