User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Teams and log books.

Ok. been awhile sinse I drove teams., and wife and I will be driving teams. just out of curiosity, with the 11/14 rule, how does that apply to teams? can you still do 5 and 5?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Senior Board Member

No, teams may not do 5/5. With the latest HOS teams are pretty well stuck driving a full shift each. The only way to split the sleeper is an 8 and 2.

11 hour rule: May not drive more than 11 hours after having come on duty folling a 10 hour rest period.

14 hour rule: May not drive after the 14th hour since coming on duty. The only thing that stops the 14 hour clock is taking your 10 hour break.

Split Sleeper provision: After having spent 8 consecutive hours in the sleeper a driver may resume driving but must take a 2 consecutive hour break (does not have to be sleeper berth) before going off duty for the day. Still can not violate the 11 or 14 hour rules though. Going into the sleeper for 8 hours will stop the clock, but the 2 hour break does not.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
No, teams may not do 5/5. With the latest HOS teams are pretty well stuck driving a full shift each. The only way to split the sleeper is an 8 and 2.

11 hour rule: May not drive more than 11 hours after having come on duty folling a 10 hour rest period.

14 hour rule: May not drive after the 14th hour since coming on duty. The only thing that stops the 14 hour clock is taking your 10 hour break.

Split Sleeper provision: After having spent 8 consecutive hours in the sleeper a driver may resume driving but must take a 2 consecutive hour break (does not have to be sleeper berth) before going off duty for the day. Still can not violate the 11 or 14 hour rules though. Going into the sleeper for 8 hours will stop the clock, but the 2 hour break does not.
Thanks, thats what I thought. so, you can now run out of hours...hmmmm.....and one gets nights and the other days(but I can see how that can be broken up)...plus you have to shut down 3 hours a day...that is a big change... :shock: :? oph well, couldn't get much sleep on the 5and 5...lol
Old 02-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
plus you have to shut down 3 hours a day...that is a big change...
No you do not. As a team you could do 10 and 10 or 11 and 11 and never shut the truck down.

Taking your full 10 hour break resets the 14 hour clock.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Senior Board Member

anytime you run over 8.75hr's a day you can run out of hr's. doing the old 5 & 5 you could run out. we never did it as just not enuff sleep.
doing a 10 & 10 you realy only drive about 8.5-9 hr's anyway

when i'm done diving i post trip @ the same time she pretrip i set the alarm for 9hr's and go to bed when it goes off i get up and get ready at the 10(offduty mark) we change. ond day i drive about 12hr's and she drives about 9hr's the next day it's the other way. if we pust real hard it's more like 13 & 10