User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 08:22 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
now, if someone thinks they are going to tell someone every med they take, then they are living in a fantasy world
True, but that's nothing more than gambling with your career. If you get a false positive drug test some time due to something you are taking but did not disclose, then you hung your own rear out to dry.

Like I said, if you're looking for privacy in your medical records, trucking isn't for you. Your physical is looked at by safety departments, recruiting departments, and the D.O.T. during any audit. Everything about you crosses several desks and sometimes multiple times. That's just the nature of the beast. It is what it is, but it certainly isn't private.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Anti depressant question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
My wife has been trying to prescribe me antidepressants for the last 2 years .
Is your wife a doctor?????

BTW- What medicines we take are important. i was on lexapro and it DEFINTELY impaired my driving! To hide your medications is like hiding a medical conditon that could pose a serious risk to other motorists.

This is why we have random drug testing, despite the idea that what we do in our free time should be private
Old 02-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
My wife has been trying to prescribe me antidepressants for the last 2 years .
Is your wife a doctor?????

BTW- What medicines we take are important. i was on lexapro and it DEFINTELY impaired my driving! To hide your medications is like hiding a medical conditon that could pose a serious risk to other motorists.

This is why we have random drug testing, despite the idea that what we do in our free time should be private
Banditscousin , The wife is a Nurse Practitioner, Same as a MD, she can have her own practice, diagnose and prescribe.... I Live in a candy store but I do not like sweets :lol: Give me a beer now and then and I am good. 8) And Yes I get regular checkups :wink:
Old 02-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Rookie

I have taken anti-depressants off and on for years. They have helped me greatly and made my world one that I enjoy and look forward to unlike before I took them. There is not a drug test in this world that would even think about testing for them. You might say I'm dishonest by not revealing the fact that I take them to my boss but now I'm happy AND I have a good job. I now own my own truck though. Good Luck.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin

I didn't realize these meds would be illegal to drive on. I'm on an anti-depressant, 2 anti-psychotics, and a sleeping aid and I thought I was fine. Averitt didn't know I was on them but I made sure and told Swift. I haven't had any accidents or much problem.

My only problem happened when I ran local for Swift. I ran out of my anti-depressant and sleep meds once and that's why I don't work for Swift anymore. I hadnt' been able to get much sleep one day (I ran at night) and showed up for work the next day too tired to drive (after already driving 1.5 hours to the terminal) usually I'm fine when I get there, but this time I just couldn't "wake up". I knew that if I told them I was too tired from the day before and car problems on the way home... I get some kind of punishment. So I tried to push thru it, after hooking up to the trailer and finally pulling out, I realized I just couldn't do it. I felt too weak to even use the clutch let alone getting in and out of the truck all night. I entered the highway and realized I wasn't going as fast as I thought I was, and almost took out a motorcycle!

I immediately took the next exit and went back to the terminal to explain this to the boss. His response was I had enough time to get some sleep after my shift last night regardless of any car problems on the way home. So I was naturally written up. The next day that write up bugged me all day because I'd never been written up before and never before had a reason to be punished from any job in my life. I strived to be the best employee to who ever I worked for, even being honest with them about everything. It didn't occur to me my meds would be a problem.

Now I have no insurance since being out of work, and can't afford my meds now anyway, and the family is sure feeling it! My wife had to borrow $$ to get a weeks worth so I can focus easier on the right job for us.

Oddly enough, I do better with my meds when I'm working then when I'm not. I tend to forget them sometimes at home because I get so busy outside with the kids and messing around with the lawn and stuff. I know its because I have a schedule when I'm on the road, and it's difficult for me sometimes to stay on it at home.

Nonetheless, sorry about hijacking the thread if I did. (not even sure I know what "hijacking a thread" means)

If anyone knows where I can get information on the meds that aren't DOT compatable...let me know. I thought all we needed was a note from our doctor saying I was doing fine with them.

-Watcher
Old 06-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Yeah keeping yourself busy means your happier.

I find I tend to get negative after being home for 3-4 days and not doing anything.