User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Scale house ticket

I beat a scale house ticket this morning at court. I proved the DOT officer was wrong in writing this ticket Since the DOT officer is not required to appear in court, are they still notified that the ticket was dismissed ???
Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The appropriate agency should be notified the ticket was dismissed. Be sure to hang onto any records, court docket number, etc just in case something goes amiss.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member
Default Re: Scale house ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmotors
I beat a scale house ticket this morning at court. I proved the DOT officer was wrong in writing this ticket Since the DOT officer is not required to appear in court, are they still notified that the ticket was dismissed ???
Don't be cryptic now, what was the ticket for? How did you beat it?

I think what you are asking is there a way to show the legal precedent to the next DOT officer who wants to write a ticket for something similar. You should have asked the judge for something in writing and carry that with you.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Default Re: Scale house ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmotors
Don't be cryptic now, what was the ticket for? How did you beat it?

I think what you are asking is there a way to show the legal precedent to the next DOT officer who wants to write a ticket for something similar. You should have asked the judge for something in writing and carry that with you.
Scoe, you may know the scalehouse... WSDOT Ridgefield. They cited me for being overweight due to my steers and having the wrong size tires for the weight rating... I was baffled by it... This WSP cited me for 1300#s over. I have lo pro 22.5s on my steers and are rated at 600lbs per square inch, these are legal per Washington law. I simply proved to the Judge with documentation from Michelin about the steers. The Judge stated the WSP officer was " overzealous and was not aware of the law "

It pays to know your rights and to fight the ticket if you are truly in the right.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Overzealous at Ridgefield? Yeah, I once got a $500 plus ticket there because my drop axle on a 4 axle tractor malfunctioned and wouldn't hold down with enough pressure to make my other axles legal. I went to court in Vancouver, showed the judge the repair order and didn't have to pay a dime. :shock: