User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Glad hand locks? You are joking, right?

A crescent wrench and 30 seconds will have the glad hand with your lock attached removed and another one screwed in its place. :lol:

The thing a glad hand lock is good for is keeping DA drivers from hooking a drop trailer at a dock before it is ready. And I wouldn't even bet on that, judging by all the ICC bumpers that get ripped off because a driver thought red meant go on the dock lock light panel. :?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Time Dweller
Glad hand locks? You are joking, right?

A crescent wrench and 30 seconds will have the glad hand with your lock attached removed and another one screwed in its place. :lol:

The thing a glad hand lock is good for is keeping DA drivers from hooking a drop trailer at a dock before it is ready. And I wouldn't even bet on that, judging by all the ICC bumpers that get ripped off because a driver thought red meant go on the dock lock light panel. :?
A cordless drill is quicker than the wrench!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Time Dweller

About the only thing I used glad hand locks for was to keep some moron from snagging my empty trailer when I would drop it at the company yard and bobtail home or to eat, etc.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
To all you newbies, when you drop or park your equipment, always ask the land owner, never leave your equipment on private property without permission, good way to get it towed,then if its OK with the company, record the conversation, use pin and glad hand locks, and look in on your equipment often. This is how I have survived for 30 yrs.....

So whats the next topic??????????
This one is done for...lol
I agree.

See you around.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 01-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Look at it another way. What if a crooked driver always parked in a "questionable spot"? Is he then responsible for it? Of course he is! Off duty does NOT mean you can park anywhere you want. If it was a truck stop, there would be a different story going on here.

You're confusing responsibility of the load with DOT regulations. Of course you're responsible for the load, you're the driver. That means if you park it somewhere for your reset, you should have it somewhere that will be safe for the entire 34 hours. If it's not going to be safe, don't park it there!

I do understand your situation though. How far is the closest terminal? Is there a better place to park?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman

About the only thing I used glad hand locks for was to keep some moron from snagging my empty trailer when I would drop it at the company yard and bobtail home or to eat, etc.
A red "Out of Service" tag works for that also. I would have one from our shop in my truck and when I went home I would always drop the trailer so I could put the tractor in the barn, especially during the winter months.

Another trick for saving an empty at the yard is to put a seal on it. Every other driver will take one look and move on.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
It is rather convenient you would start another thread. But the answer is the same. When you leave your load in a unsecured area, stuff will get stolen.

Did you get permission from Walmart to leave your truck on their lot? Not likely. Yes I did, matter of fact I have written permission.

Did you get a tape of your dispatcher giving you the OK to leave it there?
Not likely. I have no way of taping conversations currently.

And did you pay the police department to watch your truck?
Again, not likely. Yes I did, I pay property tax in county. Have you ever read "PROTECT AND SERVE.?

And you didn't tarp your loads, so they were open to the public. Finally you hit a right answer...though I did request from the dispatch a decision to tarp or not to tarp...

So your company is keeping your bonus. Like everybody stated on that other post, BIG Whoop. ....could you please send me your extra "BIG WHOOP"? ...baby needs a new pair of shoes...

The true issue here as follows :

If we are always responsibilty for the load, why are we not paid on a 24/7 basis? How much are you willing to do for NO MONEY? I do not mind the responsibility....just pay me for it.

BTW...as you so cleverly pointed out....I did post this issue twice. I apologize for possessing the power to make you read and respond against your will....just felt this was an issue that should be noted.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippy
Quote:
It is rather convenient you would start another thread. But the answer is the same. When you leave your load in a unsecured area, stuff will get stolen.

Did you get permission from Walmart to leave your truck on their lot? Not likely. Yes I did, matter of fact I have written permission.

Did you get a tape of your dispatcher giving you the OK to leave it there?
Not likely. I have no way of taping conversations currently.

And did you pay the police department to watch your truck?
Again, not likely. Yes I did, I pay property tax in county. Have you ever read "PROTECT AND SERVE.?

And you didn't tarp your loads, so they were open to the public. Finally you hit a right answer...though I did request from the dispatch a decision to tarp or not to tarp...

So your company is keeping your bonus. Like everybody stated on that other post, BIG Whoop. ....could you please send me your extra "BIG WHOOP"? ...baby needs a new pair of shoes...

The true issue here as follows :

If we are always responsibilty for the load, why are we not paid on a 24/7 basis? How much are you willing to do for NO MONEY? I do not mind the responsibility....just pay me for it.

BTW...as you so cleverly pointed out....I did post this issue twice. I apologize for possessing the power to make you read and respond against your will....just felt this was an issue that should be noted.
I think we should end this topic. To have used reasonable care you should have tarped the load, to keep prying eyes off the load. This is the place you went wrong! It has been pounded to death already and conceded to that there is a time you are not responsible. Let it go, you have learned and hopefully wont make this mistake again..
Old 02-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Rookie