User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Company Safety Rating

I see that sometimes people will post a companies safety information on here. And it will show a number that is supposed to be an indication of what the company's safety rating is.....if I am not mistaken, I read somewhere that the number represents a percentage of how much that company will get looked at by the chicken coops.

Where do yo find that information? I have gone to safersys.org and click on "company snapshot" but all it says under safety rating is "satisfactory".

Am I looking in the correct place???
Old 01-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Company Safety Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
I see that sometimes people will post a companies safety information on here. And it will show a number that is supposed to be an indication of what the company's safety rating is.....if I am not mistaken, I read somewhere that the number represents a percentage of how much that company will get looked at by the chicken coops.

Where do yo find that information? I have gone to safersys.org and click on "company snapshot" but all it says under safety rating is "satisfactory".

go here http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx
it will tell you the paticular companies inspection rates and the percentage of out of service violations and the national average, if the percentage is higher than avearge, they are much more likely to be inspected, it will also tell you the number of wrecks they have had, as far as insurance, it will only tell you if they are stisfactory or not. if it says conditional, RUN
Old 01-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks....I have visited that site and seen the info there.

But sometimes I see people post a safety report that is a little different then there and one of the things it shows is a "number" that is supposed to represent a percentage of how many that company's trucks are inspected.

Just curious to know if there is a different link for that info?
Old 01-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Be careful looking at the numbers in SAFER snapshot.

For example, if somebodies truck is anywhere nearby, halfway involved, could have been a factor then that carrier gets another tick in either the fatal or wreck category. Good example from my former employer, a driver was coming out of a driveway (stopped). A driver coming down a one-way street, talking on the cell phone, drifts over and slams into the back of a car that is parked. The driver gets killed, the company gets a tick mark in the fatal category.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Board Icon

TEST TEST TEST TEST Getting SICK and TIRED of getting the "banned" message!!!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Rookie

Quote:

After going to http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx and entering the data for the carrier you wish to look at, once you arrive at the "Snapshot" page, look to the upper right corner.

Click the link, "SafeStat Results" which will take you to a page entitled, "Carrier Overview."

On that page, again look to the right of the screen and click the link, "Click to View ISS-2 Recommendation" ISS (Inspection
Selection System) recommendation information.

I believe the next page may reveal the numbers you are seeking.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9klein
Quote:

After going to http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx and entering the data for the carrier you wish to look at, once you arrive at the "Snapshot" page, look to the upper right corner.

Click the link, "SafeStat Results" which will take you to a page entitled, "Carrier Overview."

On that page, again look to the right of the screen and click the link, "Click to View ISS-2 Recommendation" ISS (Inspection
Selection System) recommendation information.

I believe the next page may reveal the numbers you are seeking.
OUTSTANDING!!!! your instructions led me to exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks a million!!