User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default So Called "Canadian Trucking Association"

This band of losers keeps claiming to represent truckers in Canada yet I know not one single person they represent save for the losers in Ontario that can't get anybody to work for them except for boatpeople and misfits.

I urge you to read their website and see for yourself
www.cantruck.com and the use the link on their site to let them know that they need to mind their own business and stay in their own sewer.

Canadians should contact their MP and see that no public funds go to these people.

They are backed by all the rate cutting loser companies out of Ontario and Quebec who rather than trying to force people in another country and other provinces to get down to their level if that is possible to get down that low.

I just read an article where David Bradley, the misguided leader of these misfits claims most accidents are caused by speeding independent owner operators.

I guess he's never seen all the near misses behind some of his proud members like Challenger out of Ontario.

The audacity of these losers infuriates me.

For some reason OOIDA seems to support these misfits and as such I certainly will never support OOIDA.

These people need to know what you think of them.
I'm sure they must have at least one person in their office that can read.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:10 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

where ya been Canuck?
Happy New Year
Old 12-28-2006, 05:44 AM

Working like a dog.

In fact at one time I was skulking around in your neck of the woods.

I promised myself I was going to take it easy but I've been pretty busy lately.

I always have my laptop with me but I never get around to using it, but it seems like a person is always working or sleeping on that 11/14 foolishness.

Don't you just love it when other people decide what's good for you.

I hope you had a good Christmas and the New Year brings all kinds of good things your way.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Running below 65 mph is an excellent idea, there are too many benefits to list. But limiting a truck to 65 mph via government regulation is a whole different ball of wax.

I'd rather have the best of both worlds.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porchclimber
Working like a dog.

In fact at one time I was skulking around in your neck of the woods.

I promised myself I was going to take it easy but I've been pretty busy lately.

I always have my laptop with me but I never get around to using it, but it seems like a person is always working or sleeping on that 11/14 foolishness.

Don't you just love it when other people decide what's good for you.

I hope you had a good Christmas and the New Year brings all kinds of good things your way.
Where abouts in my neck of the woods-If you came close you shoulda let me know--you could have bought me a cup of coffee and brought me some of that Canadian Vinegar for my Fries :P

PS-ATA(American Trucking Association) is pulling the same crap-They must be working together
Old 12-29-2006, 05:28 AM

I had a drop in Marquette, MI then down to Toledo and then over into Indiana.

Vinegar on fries is very good for you.

Next time I end up over there I will be glad to plan on a lunch someplace.

Most of the time my schedule is flexible with the only problem being logs and the 14 hour.

I used to run across through there quite regular "in transit" but now that everybody is sniffing out terrorists running in transit is a headache.

We actually do quite a bit of Michigan freight and another bit of trivia for you is that a large number of our tourists over here are from Michigan for the diving on artificial reefs.

We just sank a 737 not long ago (no passengers) to make another reef.

I saw some underwater photos of what they (the reefs) become so I can understand what the enjoyment of it is, although before I explore that venture further I plan on learning to swim.

Off to NYC tomorrow, unless I get a reprieve.

A couple of other guys here just love the place so who am I to stand in their way but money talks.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:38 AM
Board Icon

NYC?????????? How lucky
You shoulda let me know-Marquette is about 90 miles from me
hell yeah they go to BC to swim-Yoopers won't swim in Superior

You jump across at the Sault and run 17 or what?
Old 12-29-2006, 05:54 AM

Running 65 is perfectly fine.
In fact I do it lots of times.
That's what makes a person a professional driver is because you have the common sense to run your equipment according to conditions or economics.
I can't see where someone deciding that I should be restricted to 65 and over in the right lane only ( don't worry, that would be next) just because they want to EXCEED to posted limit is an issue to be mandated by law.

What really pis*es me off about the characters in Ontario is they want to spread their BS.

I agree they do have a problem with trucks in Ontario, but that's a situation of their own making.

Firstly with their wheels off, it only makes sense that if you put max weights on wagon wheels (Dayton) and stress them on turns they are bound to part company with the unit.

Gee, who would those companies be.

They couldn't be the same companies that want speed limiters on other trucks would they be.

The bottom line is these people want to discourage competition from US companies and because of Free Trade legislation and deregulation this is the only way they can do it.

I have seen first hand how some of the Ontario companies run across the smashed up Northern roads in Ontario.

Big hole in road, me no worry, me do 68.

I have seen lots of wheelholder companies constantly disregard urban speed limits and construction limits.

The reality is that you need to upgrade the nut behind the wheel and you can't do that with regulations or restrictions.

The true reality is that to upgrade the nut behind the wheel you have to spend some money and get a better quality of nut.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:00 AM
Board Icon

I agree they do have a problem with trucks in Ontario, but that's a situation of their own making.

I'm not a prejudiced person but Ontario's problem started when everybody from India started driving there and there were ALOT of Fatalities.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:27 AM

Bingo,

If you think the 401 etc is bad you should see northern Ontario.

Most of those Taliban that can't cross the border into the US run from BC to Ontario and Quebec.

Their professionalism is reflected in their rates and another thing that you won't see published is their rate of capture at West Hawk, a scale on the Manitoba/Ontario border.

They regularly catch these characters with dope in the trailer.

The reason being that West Hawk is also a tobacco tax reporting center ( it's always about the tax) and has a FEDERAL tax and Excise officer on duty that can fully inspect the trailer plus they regularly inspect "New Canadians" for "load security" and end up with a bonus.

I have nothing but contempt for these people and what they have done for a once reputable industry .

For a trip from Vancouver to Toronto that I used to do for 7500.00 plus these clowns will now do for 2800 bucks.
That's less than a buck a mile.
What's the motivation.
There's only one answer.
I disagree with GW Bush on a lot of things but his idea for a North American security corridor where all immigrants to NORTH AMERICA would have to meet specific immigration criteria is a good one.

You should see some of the multi million dollar mansions that East Indian (read Turbines) pizza delivery people own in the Vancouver area.

The bottom line is that trucking companies (and shippers and load "brokers") have put these people on the road in their quest to maximize their profits have put a negative light on all the honest companies that do operate safely and within the law.

With the so called driver shortage you're going to start seeing a lot more of these characters.

Unfortunately because the so called CTA and the ATA lobby their government to suit their agenda these misfits end up pointed at the unsuspecting public on the highways.

At least in Northern Ontario they frequently hit each other at least.