User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Team driving

I have never teamed before and I have a chance to work a team run for 3 weeks. My question is, the run is about 650 miles one way, what is the best way to run this as far as the log book is concerned. Would we have drive for 8 hrs so the other driver can log that 8 as sleeper berth, so as not to go against our 14......... This is a mail run, thats why they want to team to get it there and back as soon as possible....Thanks
Old 11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Board Icon

Need more info. What is the speed limit you will be driving under? How long is the "layover" before heading back?

I can do 650 miles a day by myself. If turnaround is less than a 10 hour break, I would need someone to drive 650 miles back while I sleep for another possible "quick" turnaround on the yard. Do you have to go right back out?

What are your start and end points? How often do you go out?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Senior Board Member

yea need more info that is a solo drivers run there
Old 11-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Rookie
Default It is inland northwest to redding ca....

Part of it will be thru oregon at 55mph, it is a quick turn around, meet another team switch trailors, head back up. About 24 to 36 hrs before we head out again, Home every other nite.................
Old 11-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Board Icon

Okay... that is ALMOST a full answer. We STILL need more info. I asked for your start and stop points, you told me PART of it is through Oregon. I don't know if you're coming from CALI (55 mph) or Washington (65 mph.)

Where do you start. Where do you deliver? How much time before the return trip? Do you go right back out again? When is this 24-36 hour break?

If driving team, you could take 24 hours off between runs and the guy NOT driving IN will get a 34 hour reset. See what I mean?

I suspect that the speed limits will let you EACH do one full trip one way. If so, you could do this ad infinitum if you get 24 hours after EACH round trip.

IF you only want to drive 8 hours each, ONE of you will be on duty during the drop, and the OTHER will have to drive the last little bit IN to the yard. THEN, the turnaround time is important, as well as whether or not you can log off duty while waiting to go back out.

I realize it sounds like a lot to ask of you, since you don't realize yet all the varying ways to do this.... but it's not a difficult question.

Where do you start, where do you drop (drop and hook? or 3 hour power load/unload?) where do you return to. How soon before you do it all again?

We are all here to HELP! But, we can't read your mind. Please give more info (as if you were trip planning) so WE can help you "trip plan."

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.