User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How to clean up my DAC

I need some help in finding out how to clean up my DAC. I wiil try and make this short. I was driving for CR England with less than three mounth's I was in P.A it was raining at the time and this truck past me going way to fast jacked knife in frount of me I had no where to go a I cliped his frount bumper after he hit the cement center divider so his truck had to be towed. So England sent me home did not let me go befor the review board I kept calling and no returned phone call. So finalley they called and said your fired and good luck on finding a nouther job. I have called alot of people and they say sorry we can't hire you and the small companys say you don't have enough exp. I called DAC and they are going to send me a copy of my DOC and to call them back and I can fight for this and or get a lawyer. I feel that It was not my fault and the police report says it was not my foult and I was not sited. Please can someone out their PLEASE HELP ME I miss the road so much.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Rookie

First, remember, DAC is a reporting bureau just like a credit bureau is. All things can be disputed. Always remember this, it is not what is true but what can be proven. Companies are not supposed to just be getting upset and putting random crap on there.
Two, don't call them on the phone to dispute anything....that goes for credit bureaus too. They tend to do nothing or forget or whatever because there is no proof you contacted them. Generally it is best to send things to these types of places return receipt/certified. That way you have a copy and proof of what you sent.
Three, keep it brief. They don't want to hear all about an accident that they can't see. They don't know what you are talking about because they aren't there. A simple letter referencing what item you wish dispute and why will do. Say something like "please remove the following item from my report. it is not correct or it never occurred." By doing this you are not saying what did or didn't happen and you also aren't giving any details. Leave it to them to get all that crap on their own, don't help them.
Also, I think DAC has to follow the same rules that credit bureaus do with responses. With credit bureaus, the law gives them 30 days to respond to you. This means they have to notify xyz company you are disputing and that company only has within the 30 days to get the info back to them. If they can't, it has to be removed.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Before getting all bent out of shape and sue happy, wait and see what is in your DAC.

If it was something like: 03/14/06 Accident involving another vehicle, Preventable...that is esentially correct and there is nothing you can do about it.

And now before you go all nuts on me saying your accident was preventable when the police say it was not your fault, these are apples and oranges.

Safety departments are going to be looking at it like this. If you had been driving slower due to conditions you may have been able to avoid the other truck. If you had been keeping an escape route open and known at all times like is taught via the Smith system you may have been able to avoid the other truck. So in the eyes of the safety department your accident was preventable. In fact, for the most part, any accident in which you were in the driver's seat is going to be considered preventable in the eyes of most company safety departments.

Now then you are saying no one will touch you now, and I have one question about this. Have you been listing this accident on your job applications and listing it as preventable? Trying to hide an accident of any kind, regardless of fault, is a sure fire way to not get hired.

Finally, as stated above, you can make a formal written request to have any information you believe to be in error removed from your employment file at DAC/USIS. They will then contact the company who placed the info in your file for verification/proof and if the company can not provide it within 30 days DAC is required by law to remove it. You may also request that a short explanation be included in your file showing your side of the events while the investigation into the legitamcy of the claim is explored.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Senior Board Member

i disagree u turn with the whole perpetuation of preventable this preventable that. what if he was all ready adjusted to the conditions then some trucker passes him and jackknifes right in front of him. what is he suppose to do run off the road and kill himself.
this whole preventable thing is out of hand and companies love it to death, never having to stick up for their drivers. you could of done this you coulda done that.
hey dan this whole accident is your fault because you could of made it not rain, you could of made that other truck not pass u and you could of made him not jack knife.
please this all corporate rhetoric. dan u r in a good place their remarks have prevented you from finding employment i hope you have documented as such with these companies that are turning you down.
the problem is that they r using dac to display their opinion's ie preventable non preventable not actual facts. thus slandering you knowing full well the difficulty you'll have finding another job.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Board Regular

Yeah it sounds like he had already adjusted, he was going slow. Now if it was a three lane highway and he was in the middle and trapped I can see it as preventable. If he was going through a construction zone or something with concrete barriers to his right and the truck to his left, then I would say it isn't preventable. Unless of course you are supposed to block both lanes so no one can pass you...
Old 11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Senior Board Member

it doesnt matter ill take the opionon of the cop well before that of a corporate schill. and that one of cr. e. caliber.
theirs always an out as we all know but where do we draw the line r we suppose to commit suicide and run off the road to avoid damage to the truck . anyone in their right mind would say no unless the other vehicle was a school bus.