User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If you guys ever drove a car with them you would'nt want to drive with anything else,I had them on a BMW that I had and when adjusted and aimed properly they really are incredable.After switching back to the dull yellowish looking regular lights you would be surprised at how much you are missing.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
If you guys ever drove a car with them you would'nt want to drive with anything else,I had them on a BMW that I had and when adjusted and aimed properly they really are incredable.After switching back to the dull yellowish looking regular lights you would be surprised at how much you are missing.
Didn't miss a thing from them-Got them full blast right into my Eyelids
Old 09-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Rookie

Ok guys i guess the verdict is out, they may be good for cars but for us truckers they are BAD and as a courtsey to my fellow truckers i should not have them on my rig..........
Old 09-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Senior Board Member

I drive at night 100% now and i spend way too much time squinting due to people's brights...Now with those Xenon headlights, its like they have their brights on by default...GRRRRR
Old 09-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
One of the biggest problems is that very few headlights are actually properly adjusted.

I read an article few years ago that said that less than 5% of cars and light trucks leave the factory with properly adjusted headlights and that less than 10% are sold new with the adjustment checked.

In addition to that over 80% of people who change out burned out headlights actually accidently readjust the lights and make matters worse.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Does anyone know how to adjust the lights? I just replaced the chrome things behind my headlights and they could be out of adjustment. I know how to actually adjust them, I need to know the stats, like 15' away and 8' feet high when facing a wall.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Does anyone know how to adjust the lights? I just replaced the chrome things behind my headlights and they could be out of adjustment. I know how to actually adjust them, I need to know the stats, like 15' away and 8' feet high when facing a wall.

You can figure it out basically by parking your car very close to the wall you are going to use.

Turn on your lights and mark with some tape where the center of your lights come to rest.

Then move your car 25 feet away and adjust your lights so the center of the low beam comes to rest 2-3 inches under the tape and they are pointed slightly right of center.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Senior Board Member

A properly designed HID headlamp system should be no more blinding than a regular headlamp. Projectors are preferred because they can control stray glare much better than standard reflectors, which is why KW is using projector technology on the T660. Most OEM systems are going with projectors for HID systems.

But a lot of people are putting HID systems in halogen headlamp housings, both reflector AND projector and the optics of a halogen lamp housinig simply are not capable of properly handling the increased lumen output of HID lamps. Also the reflector and lenses are designed to reflect a filament pattern and the arc pattern in an HID bulb is different than a filament. Throw in the fact that most retrofit kits are poorly made and don't have the bulb in the precise condition it should be and BAM, you get blinding glare. Headlamps are almost an exact science. The bulb has to be EXACTLY in the right position otherwise the lamp won't properly function. You can't simply "guess" at it.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

A girl that I used to know told me that when those lights hit her eyes, they sometimes caused her to have epileptic seizures. Don't know if that is true, but she wasn't the kind to make up lies. BTW, this was back in about 2000, so the technology may have changed since then.

Anyone out there heard of that happening before??