Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Growing a 500 truck company within 6 years........ (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/31274-growing-500-truck-company-within-6-years.html)

merrick4 12-20-2007 10:12 PM

I guess being 85 on a list is highly desireable. Here's Harvey Gainey lounging in his corporate jet

http://www.businessweek.com/adsectio...sportation.htm

People like this is are so successful but I worked at LCT and I swear if that's how you need to run a company to make it in this world, I mean that company was a mess (though they treated me nicely or at least tried to).

Bandit102 12-20-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandilon
Quote:

Mesilla Valley Trucking. Royal Jones started with nearly nothing not too many years ago. He's a good hand and knows how to do business. He's not the greatest to his Lease Operators, but he is a businessman. I don't know how many trucks he has, I would guesstimate 2,500. He's opened a school as well. I've known him for many many years. Never tried to work for him though. They are out of Las Cruces, NM, 65 miles away from me.
Bandit102

I'm going to meet 'the man' as soon as conditions permit. I need to get past his 'front line' of course.

Any suggestions?

THX 4 the info, -that IS IMPRESSIVE!

It is said that you will never become what you envy. Thank God I don't envy successful/rich individuals, that puts me a notch ahead of the outright losers.

God Bless you Bandit! :!:

You'd be amazed once you get through his front line. He's a down to earth good old boy, really. He's into roundy-round dirt track racing, has a lot to do with the local track there in Las Cruces. Part owner or something like that. He's a good hand. Just knows how to turn small opportunities into gold.

BanditsCousin 12-22-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

14-United Van Lines, Inc. 1,163,437

94-Graebel Van Lines, Inc. 148,819

Hmmm, who drives for these carriers? :lol: :lol:

Mandilon 12-24-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

..........Just knows how to turn small opportunities into gold.
Do U know of a website-forum where these kind of individuals congregate (or do they avoid such 'cause they're too busy)?

Am I the only 'lunatic' on this board (today is full moon U know) that thinks he can grow such a co.?

The most successful individuals in the world have at one time or another been classified as lunatics by their peers.

Happy holidays to all

merrick4 12-24-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

The most successful individuals in the world have at one time or another been classified as lunatics by their peers.

You are only crazy til you make it, after that you are just eccentric.

12-24-2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

You R-Tard. Have you completely lost it. You need to get a grip on yourself and come back down to reality. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life. You will never amount to anything. You don't apply yourself. I think you seriously need some counseling and maybe a little Prozac.

I hope that helps!!! :D

bullhauler 12-30-2007 02:22 AM

Gibson transport alliston Ontario Canada, three trucks farther two sons just making a living, along comes Honda built a plant in there town, came to them you are local trucking company, you haul for us. They haul all the parts and supplies into that plant, three trucks to six hundred, in three years. To grow like that you need one big contract. jb hunt, walmart. Day Ross, McCain foods, fast trax, maple leaf foods. manitoulin, Canadian tire. See how it is done, if that is what you want to do, it comes all the way down to the small boys by me. ktl, big sky. right down to me we have three trucks, two shippers that give us eighty percent of our loads. gas out of Regina Sask, co-op has sixty trailers, I have friends that have from six to twenty five trucks on with them. you grow in the field you know as fast as you want to, right now three trucks is all we want

Mandilon 01-14-2008 12:54 AM

Steve

Quote:

You R-Tard. Have you completely lost it. You need to get a grip on yourself and come back down to reality. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life. You will never amount to anything. You don't apply yourself. I think you seriously need some counseling and maybe a little Prozac.

I hope that helps!!!
....would you provide me with your shrink's contact info :lol:

Bandit102 01-14-2008 03:40 AM

I wish I did know of such a site! It has been said that if one were to become successful, he should surround himself with those who are.

01-14-2008 04:17 AM

Quote:

I was just trying to help you on your way. Remember me when your on the Forbes list.