Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Growing a 500 truck company within 6 years........ (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/31274-growing-500-truck-company-within-6-years.html)

rank 12-15-2007 03:08 AM

Quote:

It's the carriers that run 98% or 99% on-time delivery that basically write their own ticket. In todays JIT world, an on-time carrier can set their rates, pay their drivers, and roll in the money.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozone 12-15-2007 05:36 AM

Actually nearly all the trucks in USA's "nearly all-Kenworth fleet" are
Peterbuilts. They have a drop yard here in Laredo and most of the trucks are Peterbuilts.

That is incredible growth for six years. Makes you wonder if they are hauling something else (green or white stuff) from Mexico besides the cargo from the Mexican factories.

GMAN 12-15-2007 12:27 PM

For that kind of growth they would have needed to have a truckload of money to start or carry a huge debt load. There are some of the older trucking companies who have no debt. When they upgrade their fleet it is done by paying cash. Now those carriers are making money. Sometimes you need to look beyond the revenue numbers. It isn't how much you gross but how much you net that is important. There have been many companies who have gone broke who have had many millions of dollars in revenue. Unless there is profit, bankruptcy is just around the corner. I am not saying this carrier is going under, only that you need to look beyond the obvious.

Mandilon 12-16-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

......Makes you wonder if they are hauling something else (green or white stuff) from Mexico besides the cargo from the Mexican factories.
This is a L-O-S-E-R_'S mentality.

Just because *YOU can't accomplish one-thousanth (one milionth MOST likely) of what they're accomplishing shows you're a jealous/sour-PUSS/incompetent loser.

This co. is working in conjunction with the EPA to further the cause of diminishing our reliance on terrorist oil. They're improving their fleet's fuel economy over and above what's available from the manufacturers via aerodynamic components etc. EPA wants this from ALL energy users in the name of NATIONAL SECURITY.

-what are YOU doing in the name of national security *LOSER!

God Bless ALL, -Y-E-S!, sour-PUSS losers TOO!

gcal 12-16-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandilon
Quote:

......Makes you wonder if they are hauling something else (green or white stuff) from Mexico besides the cargo from the Mexican factories.
This is a L-O-S-E-R_'S mentality.

Just because *YOU can't accomplish one-thousanth (one milionth MOST likely) of what they're accomplishing shows you're a jealous/sore/incompetent loser.

This co. is working in conjunction with the EPA to further the cause of diminishing our reliance on terrorist oil. They're improving their fleet's fuel economy over and above what's available from the manufacturers via aerodynamic components etc. EPA wants this from ALL energy users in the name of NATIONAL SECURITY.

-what are YOU doing in the name of national security LOSER!

God Bless ALL, -Y-E-S!, losers TOO!

Hey Amigo! R U working for them or just paid to defend them and promote their company? LOL

Mandilon 12-16-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Hey Amigo! R U working for them or just paid to defend them and promote their company? LOL
No sir. None of the above.

I do want to meet them (and other owners of successful trucking co.'s) and see if I can duplicate some of their success. I'll be leaving for Austin next week and will try to meet them in McAllen.

There's a co. named Mesilla Valley something in Eastern NM (in the vicinity of El Paso) that I've been told has 3,000, 2,000 and 900 trucks (three different estimates from individuals).

Does anyone know an approximate number? I see them all over LA.

My enthusiasm/excitement in reading of such trucking successes is that I'm personally aiming on taking such a path (growing a large fleet).

I also GREATELY respect ANY co. that is concerned for our national security. This is one of MY main priorities.

Why is it *EXACTLY that one can't comment on such endeavors?

Envy, etc., etc., etc.

I BASICALLY do understand the negative responses. This relpyers are born losers.

God Bless you sir.

Bigmon 12-16-2007 05:51 PM

One of the keys to big growth is access to big capital. Comes down to who you know and how good you can schmooze them.

One day I was wondering how Penkse got so big. I found out GE is one of his partners.

Bandit102 12-16-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandilon
Quote:

No sir. None of the above.

I do want to meet them (and other owners of successful trucking co.'s) and see if I can duplicate some of their success. I'll be leaving for Austin next week and will try to meet them in McAllen.

There's a co. named Mesilla Valley something in Eastern NM (in the vicinity of El Paso) that I've been told has 3,000, 2,000 and 900 trucks (three different estimates from individuals).

Does anyone know an approximate number? I see them all over LA.

My enthusiasm/excitement in reading of such trucking successes is that I'm personally aiming on taking such a path (growing a large fleet).

I also GREATELY respect ANY co. that is concerned for our national security. This is one of MY main priorities.

Why is it *EXACTLY that one can't comment on such endeavors?

Envy, etc., etc., etc.

I BASICALLY do understand the negative responses. This relpyers are born losers.

God Bless you sir.

Mesilla Valley Trucking. Royal Jones started with nearly nothing not too many years ago. He's a good hand and knows how to do business. He's not the greatest to his Lease Operators, but he is a businessman. I don't know how many trucks he has, I would guesstimate 2,500. He's opened a school as well. I've known him for many many years. Never tried to work for him though. They are out of Las Cruces, NM, 65 miles away from me.

Mandilon 12-16-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Mesilla Valley Trucking. Royal Jones started with nearly nothing not too many years ago. He's a good hand and knows how to do business. He's not the greatest to his Lease Operators, but he is a businessman. I don't know how many trucks he has, I would guesstimate 2,500. He's opened a school as well. I've known him for many many years. Never tried to work for him though. They are out of Las Cruces, NM, 65 miles away from me.
Bandit102

I'm going to meet 'the man' as soon as conditions permit. I need to get past his 'front line' of course.

Any suggestions?

THX 4 the info, -that IS IMPRESSIVE!

It is said that you will never become what you envy. Thank God I don't envy successful/rich individuals, that puts me a notch ahead of the outright losers.

God Bless you Bandit! :!:

BanditsCousin 12-16-2007 07:32 PM

What is TruckingInOverDriver.com all about?