Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   From desk to own authority part 3 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/30303-desk-own-authority-part-3-a.html)

12-28-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usedup
Ah........ I love it! The return of the Nite (or is it Knight) posters. It was a little slow around here...............

lol

Doghouse 12-28-2007 12:23 PM

Sounds like your doing OK,...its funny how things like that happen. It happened like that with that big boat trailer I hauled,...the poor guy (owner) was trying to work the forklift, and hit my trailer hard a couple of times, but finally got it up,...and I drove out from under it in like 5 seconds,....whewww,...glad to be out from under that thing.
I also get comments almost everytime I fuel up,...They say company,..I say Dog House Express,.....and they smirk and say,...."is that cause your always in the doghouse?" I just smile and say yes now, instead of wasting their time by explaining the origin of the name.
Keep safe.

Rev.Vassago 12-28-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBooth

(I'm) making a decent living.

Uh huh.

I wonder who is doing better: The SteveBooth from CAD who claims to average $1.70 per mile even though he doesn't factor deadhead miles in, or the SteveBooth from Trukz who can't figure out where the "rebuild truck" option is because he only has $905 to his name.

BigDiesel 12-28-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
I bet they love you at the truckstop counters. I'm waiting for you to throw a US Marshall reference into one of your tall tales.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rev.Vassago 12-28-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:

I bet they love you at the truckstop counters. I'm waiting for you to throw a US Marshall reference into one of your tall tales.

It's pretty clear with all the "I told this shipper off and they immediately unloaded me" and "I told that broker where to shove it and they suddenly found a load for me", that Steve is embellishing his stories to make himself look like a big man. While that may work for the starry eyed noobie, those of us who have been doing this for more than a year see past that kind of BS, because we've heard it all before at the truckstop counter.

tootie04 12-28-2007 05:30 PM

I dunno....we were in a situation last week where I got into a pissen contest with a shipper. I was accused by an ex felon (he told us he was) of calling the lady inside names that I didnt say, and it kinda got ugly for a while. But in the end they loaded us and we delivered the load with no problems. I try not to get upset but I was accused of saying things I didnt say and that made me really upset.

tootie

BigDiesel 12-28-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:

It's pretty clear with all the "I told this shipper off and they immediately unloaded me" and "I told that broker where to shove it and they suddenly found a load for me", that Steve is embellishing his stories to make himself look like a big man. While that may work for the starry eyed noobie, those of us who have been doing this for more than a year see past that kind of BS, because we've heard it all before at the truckstop counter.

Exactly....

I wonder why Steve did not call the U.S. Marshalls in the first place ??? That surely would have prevented a lot of name calling. :lol:

12-28-2007 05:45 PM

Just like Rev Tootie, he makes up sentences that I did not originally write but then again, we're use to it.

No work again today Rev? Good thing you still live with your mother or you would be out on the street. At least your truck will look really cool when you have to sell it with all the work your having done!!! Maybe you could move in with Diesel? You both seem pretty close! Just a thought.

bullhauler 12-28-2007 06:02 PM

hey Steve, that guy you met that was telling you how to drive your truck
and was only a pencil neck, you know who he was. you guessed it that was the rev. they are all over I have one shipper it took him three months to treat me like a human because of all the bad experiences he had in the past. hey rev prove to me you can drive because your posts tell me you are just frustrated pencil neck.

12-28-2007 06:13 PM

I have no idea why this guy had a hissy fit. All I did was ask for directions and he just blew up. He asked where the load was going and I told him and he kept saying it's not going there. I think I realize now what was going on. When I got to the address to deliver I was told to go to another company and deliver instead. The conformation said it was a blind load. Not sure what's really going on in those situations.