Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   From desk to own authority part 3 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/30303-desk-own-authority-part-3-a.html)

12-24-2007 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Popcicles was just a sales pitch. She was wanting a different kind of popcicle. :P :lol:

Oh, I didn't know they made them out of something other than Coolaide?

I'll have to get her over here and try one of those new ones......Be back later!

12-24-2007 07:24 PM

Take a ride through NH anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzxVNrWaiwk

tootie04 12-24-2007 11:30 PM

Pretty nice ride....till the camera turned on some nut at the end!! :wink:

tootie

tootie04 12-24-2007 11:32 PM

Forgot to tell ya....Just had 3 tequilas (sp?) Thought about you but you arent here.....HA HA.

:wink: :wink:

tootie

12-25-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Popcicles was just a sales pitch. She was wanting a different kind of popcicle. :P :lol:

Oh, I didn't know they made them out of something other than Coolaide?

I'll have to get her over here and try one of those new ones......Be back later!

You never know, i have heard some interesting sales pitches in West Memphis Ar. I heard a lady on there selling some fun one night at the pilot but she wasnt going straight to the point...she was advertising special oil change and tire specials that you had to go to another channel on the CB to find out about....I guess She was using code words so it didnt sound like she was doing snything wrong for all the cops listening around that place....I thought it was funny and original. Popcicles are a new one for me, i havent heard that one yet.

Doghouse 12-28-2007 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I'm at the IOWA80 truck stop and not many people here. It's 20 degrees outside and some stupid girl is on the CB trying to sell popcycles!!! If she had a brain she would be selling hot chocolate instead.

:lol: :lol: Steve O,....c'mon buy a popcycle from the poor girl,......you don't want her hot chocolate!!!

12-28-2007 06:23 AM

A few days ago I was in a truck stop in Ohio and as soon as I parked my truck I could see a woman walking over to my truck. She got to the window and without her saying a word I said, I'm not interested. She cracked up laughing as her husband or boyfriend came over also. They were looking for a crescent wrench to borrow.

I'm back home again after making my trip out to Oregon then to Ohio and back to Mass. For the first time I'm going to be able to keep my doctors appointment next week.

I got some good rates coming back home for such long runs. It seems like overnight I've found new ways of getting more money.

The load I picked up in Ohio to come back to Mass was a load of coiled steel. I called up the place to ask for directions and the guy was a complete A-hole.

He asked my name and I said Stephen Booth. He then asked my company name and I said Stephen Booth. He said no, I asked for your company, not your name and I said Stephen Booth. Then he barks out that he has no loads leaving today and never heard of me. He asks what broker and I tell him and he's never heard of them. Now I've had enough and tell him I'll take this up with the broker. 2 minutes later he calls me back and all of a sudden he has a load and know everything??????

I get there and he starts in on me about where to park, how to park what to do and so on with a huge attitude so I let him have it. I first tell him, looks like someone didn't get what he wanted for Christmas. Then I tell him I'll drive the truck and also, in about 1 minute I'm leaving and YOU can haul the load yourself. That was that and he walked away and I dealt with the person who would be loading my truck and he was a great guy.

So I get to the company in Mass and it's a big factory. The place is empty except for one guy who comes out and starts telling me this and that and not sure if he can get me unloaded as everyone has gone home. It's only 11 in the morning. He starts talking about the forklift and not sure if it can lift the coils or where it is. So now I'm getting this feeling so I say to him OK, I'm wise to you. I don't believe anything you've said, your full or crap and on top of it, you look like an accountant instead of a blue collar worker. He laughs and tells me he's the owner of the factory and he let everyone go home for the day as a treat. So now we're both laughing and he's on this monster fork lift and we are both trying to figure out how it works.

He finds the only pot hole in the lot and gets stuck. It's raining out and we are both soaked, pushing a fork lift and him in dress pants, wing tips, tie and a white shirt and he's loving it. First time I've done anything physical in a month he says. I tell I'll take the load home and come back another day if he wants as I'm close to where I live. He says no and we finally get it off. We go inside after and get cleaned up and talk for a while about how I came about getting into trucking as he said I don't look like a trucker.

He gives me his card and writes down his private number and says to call any time I'm in the area and if he has a load he'll set me up.

So back home and will head out next week probably. Not much on my list of things to do on my truck. A bunch of stupid little stuff but if you don't take care of the simple stuff it can really add up quick and become a pain.

Rev.Vassago 12-28-2007 07:05 AM

I bet they love you at the truckstop counters. I'm waiting for you to throw a US Marshall reference into one of your tall tales.

12-28-2007 07:53 AM

Still at home with no work Rev? How much longer before you give up that job. You must be close to being broke by now. Why don't you post some figures for us on what your grossing?

How about some interesting stories in the world of cubicle movers. Must be pretty exciting. The thrill of standing up that last wall of Biff's office knowing this pimple faced 20 year old who is your boss at the moment is standing right behind you. I just can't imagine the stress of it all.

I'm having fun and really enjoying myself and making a decent living. How about you?

usedup 12-28-2007 09:40 AM

Ah........ I love it! The return of the Nite (or is it Knight) posters. It was a little slow around here...............