User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Length of time to be hired on?

Hired on? Contracted on?

Currently working on getting leased onto/with a carrier. ( my truck, not a lease purchase ) I've just passed the third week of the "application" process and information comes back randomly and slowly.

Some context

This application was started Dec. 21, 2017.

The hiring/qualifying personnel has been out on medical leave. This has left a few people who don't normally handle the qualification process within this agency.

Last but not least, I'm aware the process began at the most in-opportune time regarding the holidays.

My question is simply this, for those who have or are still leased on with the carrier you drive with. How long did it take for you to begin hauling loads for them?

I'd also like to mention I've been a lurker of this site for many moons. Easily back to 2004. I did have to create another account because I didn't have access to the email associated with that account.

Has this place gone belly up?
Old 01-16-2018, 04:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerbious View Post
Hired on? Contracted on?
Nope, we're still here. It has slowed down quite a bit and a lot of the old timers have gone down others roads and haven't returned.
As far as your other questions, sorry I can't really say as I'm a company driver besides I have little patience for paper work and other people.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 01-24-2018, 01:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerbious View Post
Yes, it appears who ever owns this place could not be bothered with keeping it up with all the spam I see on here, I rarely stop by this dump anymore, if it wasn't for hog I would have bailed years ago.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Times vary from one carrier to another. I have a friend who recently decided to make a change to another carrier. He has been an owner operator for about 17 years. Last week he decided to go with a new carrier. He filled out an application on line, did a couple of telephone interviews and meets with a representative tomorrow. He will start orientation Monday. When you fill out an application carriers are required to get a 10 year work history and check at least the last 3 years of employment. That is a minimum. Some carriers may check for a longer period. The more companies you have worked for the longer it will take to check your background. Orientation seems to take about 3-4 days with most major carriers. So, with the background check and orientation you are likely looking at about about 10 days to two weeks minimum before you can start hauling freight. Some carriers, such as Landstar, can take several weeks to go through the approval process and get your first load.