User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 06:34 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Free app to look up fuel prices on the way to someplace

Hi!~ I made an app called PUMPZ, that lets you plug in a city and get all the fuel prices on the way there, as well as average price, and highest / lowest prices. For stations located in Canada, it also converts between USD and CAD as well as gallons to liters. I was thinking it could be helpful to truck owner & operators, if you wanted to get the average price of fuel along a route and use it to estimate fuel costs for a load, figure how much deadheading someplace far is going to cost you given current prices, etc. It’s pretty rough around the edges still, e.g. only supports TA- and Pilot-owned truck stops for now, but I would love to get y’all’s feedback and ideas! Try it out here (Android play store) - PUMPZ Thanks!
Old 07-20-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benqp View Post
Hi!~ I made an app called PUMPZ, that lets you plug in a city and get all the fuel prices on the way there, as well as average price, and highest / lowest prices. For stations located in Canada, it also converts between USD and CAD as well as gallons to liters. I was thinking it could be helpful to truck owner & operators, if you wanted to get the average price of fuel along a route and use it to estimate fuel costs for a load, figure how much deadheading someplace far is going to cost you given current prices, etc. It’s pretty rough around the edges still, e.g. only supports TA- and Pilot-owned truck stops for now, but I would love to get y’all’s feedback and ideas! Try it out here (Android play store) - PUMPZ Thanks!
Really great idea!
And i have found an app like uber for trucks. doft.com
Old 07-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Rookie

How is doft?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Junior View Post
Really great idea!
And i have found an app like uber for trucks. doft.com
If you're wondering how to create an app like Uber for trucks, here is a really useful article for you that explains every little detail about truck app development: features, cost, monetization models: https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/truck-app-development