Old 01-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
i've never once was asked for the IFTA license. honestly i have not even seen one.

as far as the grace period.. they stole my 2015's.. my 2016 still never showed up.

I have been asked to show my IFTA on several occasions. But, I keep it in my permit book along with all my other permits and IRP.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsnTools View Post
Oooh! Respect the paint! lol Crazy Glue?? Woo...you don't play!

I had to wonder, too, just what someone would be able to do with the stickers off another person's/company's truck? Wouldn't that show up at a scale/ weigh station, traffic stop, etc? Are IFTA stickers like fake ids that someone might use elsewhere?
It's called "paranoia", and I got it bad.
Hope you get your new ones before too long. That's gotta be uncomfortable, wondering if anyone's going to give you guff about your currently outdated stickers...

When I called my IFTA office to replace my stickers, she told me that they don't check IFTA at the scale when you pass through. I am not sure that is the case in all states. I think the main thing they check is to see if there is a problem with your authority and if your IRP is current. I was in a scale a few months ago and he had a large monitor that was full of scanned base plates. Apparently, they take a photo of your base plate when you enter the scale and the computer checks it automatically. If there is a problem, he pulls you onto the scale to make sure everything is OK. So, unless the scale master or a DOT officer asks for your IFTA license, it might not get caught. In my state they don't charge for IFTA stickers, but a friend of mine lives in Virginia and has to pay a fee for his stickers. It seems like a lot of trouble for anyone to steal IFTA stickers off another truck.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
When I called my IFTA office to replace my stickers, she told me that they don't check IFTA at the scale when you pass through. I am not sure that is the case in all states. I think the main thing they check is to see if there is a problem with your authority and if your IRP is current. I was in a scale a few months ago and he had a large monitor that was full of scanned base plates. Apparently, they take a photo of your base plate when you enter the scale and the computer checks it automatically. If there is a problem, he pulls you onto the scale to make sure everything is OK. So, unless the scale master or a DOT officer asks for your IFTA license, it might not get caught. In my state they don't charge for IFTA stickers, but a friend of mine lives in Virginia and has to pay a fee for his stickers. It seems like a lot of trouble for anyone to steal IFTA stickers off another truck.
oh the scales know if you are current.. however the fine is "failure to present current IFTA sticker"... got that one when i was lazy and didn't put it on.. mistake i never made again.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Board Regular

Now, Bone, THAT was some news we could use! Thanks for postin' it!
It does seem like stealing the sticker would be a waste of time, but who knows what goes through some folks' minds?
Any chance of calling them and "checking on the status of the replacement stickers", in your deepest, most authoritative voice?
You certainly don't sound "lazy" anymore, not with jumping on the phone to get your new ones ordered--so, hopefully, they'll get 'em on out to you..
As far as your not even being asked about them? Sounds like your "firebird" got your back! Nice to have some energetic "back up", ain't it!
Jewels
Old 01-22-2016, 07:05 PM
Senior Board Member

NEVER stick the new sticker on top of the old one........NEVER, if you do the new one can be taken off and reused, if its stuck to the paint directly it will come off and say VOID in big letters.

Only takes a hair dryer and a little heat to take the old one off and put the new one on

I have a stainless panel under the doors on my KW, no stickers have ever been removed, of course there is a firts time for everything, I ALWAYS have the paper copy with me anyway.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
NEVER stick the new sticker on top of the old one........NEVER, if you do the new one can be taken off and reused, if its stuck to the paint directly it will come off and say VOID in big letters.

Only takes a hair dryer and a little heat to take the old one off and put the new one on

I have a stainless panel under the doors on my KW, no stickers have ever been removed, of course there is a firts time for everything, I ALWAYS have the paper copy with me anyway.
i have the stainless panels on the sides. the old ones wouldn't come off.. well lesson learned.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
i have the stainless panels on the sides. the old ones wouldn't come off.. well lesson learned.
Try bolting a piece of clear plexiglas over to protect the stickers, be a PIA to replace them but that's only once a year. It might make the thief move on to an easier target.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 01-26-2016, 03:03 AM
Board Regular

Excellent Rig, Maniac! Good points, too! That's the kind of "voice of experience" we can all appreciate!
Hi, Repete! Good to know you're still kickin'!
Being the Deco Diva I've become, now that I'm home, I LOVE the idea of covering the stickers with lucite/ plexiglass! Especially with "beauty rings"! Research I've read indicates that most thieves WILL, INDEED, move on to "less challenging" marks. Good point!
It's crazy, to me, how people who KNOW how tough it is out there would do this to a fellow driver. I'd imagine Firebird is just hoping they'll get around to sending him his new stickers, soon!
Hey, FB, now you know how to protect them/prevent this nonsense from happening, again, eh?
Jewels
P.S., I admire your ability, as shown in your posts, to forgive and get on with things. Just know, the Universe has a way of reflecting back to people who refuse to care about the well-being of others (thieves) the ugly they do to others.
Now that you've successfully dealt with this crap, may you have an INSANELY SUCCESSFUL AND LUCRATIVE YEAR, from now on!
Old 02-16-2016, 02:41 AM

Quote:
oh the scales know if you are current.. however the fine is "failure to present current IFTA sticker"... got that one when i was lazy and didn't put it on.. mistake i never made again.
In January, Westhawk scale, Manitoba, Canada, was checking. My truck was so caked with road salt that the IFTA was hard to see. I got red-lighted but released as soon as they saw I did have the stickers on. They were definitely looking for a victim like firebird had been.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:16 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I waited until yesterday to put my new stickers on the truck. Hopefully, no one will bother them this year. I did put them directly on the paint, so if they did get them that they don't do any good.