User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2015, 05:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default my boyfriends an owner opp and is having the worst luck with companies...

my boyfriend has only been an owner opp for about a month. He started with a company that did not have any jobs for him, now he's with Empire Trucking and he says he's spending more money on fuel than he is on the miles and loads hes doing. So now he's thinking about staying for two more months and then finding other employment. I have been trying to give him some words of encouragement but it doesnt seem to be working. He did pretty well for his first two weeks with empire, but last week he spent all of his check on fuel and only received a few hundred dollars and he was out for four days. And this week he's been out since sunday and wont be back until tomorrow on thursday but he is having an issue with his drive time. He's gps is telling him he still has hours but the dispatcher is telling him he's out of drive time for the week. So now he's in oklahoma waiting it out until his drive time comes back in order for him to finish taking the load and come home.

Has anyone had any issues or good things with empire trucking? can anybody help me give him some encouraging words?
Old 10-25-2015, 11:09 PM
Rookie

Hi, the solution to your problems is to hire a dispatcher like me. I will keep his truck loaded and making around $2.00 per mile. For more details on how to start working for yourself email me at [email protected]
Old 10-26-2015, 10:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't know anything about Empire, but can tell you that this is a slow time of year for most freight. Vans should do fairly well until the middle of December or so and will then slow down until after the first of the year. This is probably one of the worst time of year for a new owner operator to get started. Winter is usually slow for trucking. Things will pick up around the end of February or the middle of March. You did not mention the type of freight your boyfriend hauls or whether he owns his trailer or uses one from the carrier to whom he is leased. It can make a difference where you base when it comes to freight. Rates are down this time of year and seem to be down more this year than is the norm. He needs to allow about 6 months to learn how to operate within the carrier's system. If things don't work well for him, we might offer some suggestions or you could go to the company listings section on this website and check out some of the owner operator companies. Good luck. If you have specific questions feel free to ask. There are a number of our members with many years experience as an owner operator.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Jamm transportation is looking for owner operators [email protected]
Old 11-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Rookie

Masselink Brothers / Van's Interstate is looking for owner operators. We run from West Michigan to Chicago and back daily(not sure where you are located). Home most nights. Weekend work by volunteer only. If you would like know a little more about us and what we do please call me or check out our website Masselink Brothers Trucking- Van's Interstate Service 800-748-0050 ext 143 Gary Masselink.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Rookie

jamm transportation is looking for owner operators and we will keep you busy website is jamm transportation.com tell them jeff sent you 337-541-0207

Last edited by lsufan59; 11-04-2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add more
Old 11-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Rookie

we will pay better than that especially flat bed loads
Old 11-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Rookie
Default Owner Operators Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids080915 View Post
my boyfriend has only been an owner opp for about a month. He started with a company that did not have any jobs for him, now he's with Empire Trucking and he says he's spending more money on fuel than he is on the miles and loads hes doing. So now he's thinking about staying for two more months and then finding other employment. I have been trying to give him some words of encouragement but it doesnt seem to be working. He did pretty well for his first two weeks with empire, but last week he spent all of his check on fuel and only received a few hundred dollars and he was out for four days. And this week he's been out since sunday and wont be back until tomorrow on thursday but he is having an issue with his drive time. He's gps is telling him he still has hours but the dispatcher is telling him he's out of drive time for the week. So now he's in oklahoma waiting it out until his drive time comes back in order for him to finish taking the load and come home.

Has anyone had any issues or good things with empire trucking? can anybody help me give him some encouraging words?
If You need the job or You looking for BIGGER PAYCHECK, let me know
dosu can help
call
314-227-9107
and ask for dosu
Old 11-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Rookie

Keep looking for a good broker or move to a large body of water and run the ports. Easier said than done but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:46 AM
Rookie

Does he own his own truck? Is he driving van or reefer?