User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2015, 02:00 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What companies will put on an OO w/2 accidents

Will outfits put on an OO with 3 yrs driving, seasonal/construction/regional, experience; 2 accidents in the last 2 years? One not at fault. One at fault, a car sideswiped, drivers trailer trying to pass me, his wife was a witness, driver had no cam on board to witness. Cost $2500 in mirror & paint damage. No tickets & no MVR record.

SNI recruiter said they wouldn't hire a driver for 7 yrs after a side swipe regardless of the amount of damage. It's a good guess all the other big boxes will treat it the same. Unless someone else has more information I'd have to think that any accident that's your fault will ruin you as a driver.

Last edited by justsaying; 08-05-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsaying View Post
Will outfits put on an OO with 3 yrs driving, seasonal/construction/regional, experience; 2 accidents in the last 2 years? One not at fault. One at fault, a car sideswiped, drivers trailer trying to pass me, his wife was a witness, driver had no cam on board to witness. Cost $2500 in mirror & paint damage. No tickets & no MVR record.

SNI recruiter said they wouldn't hire a driver for 7 yrs after a side swipe regardless of the amount of damage. It's a good guess all the other big boxes will treat it the same. Unless someone else has more information I'd have to think that any accident that's your fault will ruin you as a driver.
So your driving record show only 1 accident? Then that means you have ONE accident! Stop volunteering information! Other people will tell you to disclose EVERYTHING even if theirs no paper trail. I say that's stupid but that's just me. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but saying something that guarantees you not getting hired is stupid IMO. Make SURE you have a current driving record and your absolutely sure it's not on there. In my state not at fault accidents aren't on an employment driving records, only personal ones and a company can't legally require you to give them a personal. All states have their own way though.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:19 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Even if you only have the one sideswipe on your MVR, it may be a challenge with some carriers. When there is an at fault accident on your MVR, it will cause a carrier to look closer at your record. I would get a copy of your MVR and DAC to see what was reported before applying to more carriers. Most carriers only go back 3 years on your MVR. You did not mention how long it has been since the accident. Each carrier is different.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:49 PM
Rookie

hey call us at jamm transportation we will see what we can do 337-541-0207