User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Where to buy a truck ?

So I think I need to buy a truck and lease out to a company . Limited funds so I want to make sure I buy from a god place with good reputation for selling good trucks . Any ideas ?

My goal is to to buy and lease out to a grain hauling or end dump company . My current job is about to end because owner is feeling the crunch of the fluctuating grain prices . Guess he did not consider that when he bought the hoppers .
Old 05-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Rookie

Jason: I went to your website and was very disappointed. It seems like your trucks are ones that dealers wholesaled to get them off the lot. Lots of Prostars that are hard to sell. No listed prices and no descriptions. One needs to know the facts: tranny, FA, RA, WB, engine model, miles, extra equipment, etc.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:43 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucesmith View Post
Jason: I went to your website and was very disappointed. It seems like your trucks are ones that dealers wholesaled to get them off the lot. Lots of Prostars that are hard to sell. No listed prices and no descriptions. One needs to know the facts: tranny, FA, RA, WB, engine model, miles, extra equipment, etc.
Exactly! They could be perfect and at a great price, but when I see no info or "call for price" my brain says something's being hidden and a set up so a salesman can yack my ear off for 30min before answering anything. Its like ads for jobs, companies that pay good tell you what their paying and what they offer. People that don't tell you to call for details. Hopefully just bad marketing.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member

I hate the Call for price. Just list the price. Simple as that.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Senior Board Member

When I buy a truck it is with cash. I can't compare trucks I am looking at by talking on the phone. I like to print off the info off a website and put all the trucks I am looking at side by side and weed them out one at a time. When I have narrowed down my search to 2 or 3 I will then make a call to them.

Truck Mart is not even looked at by me because of the lack of info.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Senior Board Member

I would never consider buying from a company like them. They are not upfront with information. There are a lot of other companies that list more info. Scott has the right idea when it comes to comparing anything.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:51 PM
Rookie

This salesman is telling outright lies. They cannot get bank financing unless you qualify. Why would he be able to get fencing if A real dealer cannot? Does this dinky little outfit have some special connection to a bank. Look at the junk on his website. Lots of Prostars that no one wants. These are probably bought from large dealers or are auction rejects. They are not bought from mega fleets. Happy Harry's Used Truck Lot!
Old 06-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

When I am looking to buy another truck I usually start by looking through The Truck Paper. You can pick a copy up at most truck stops. You could also check out most any dealer. I have gotten a good deal from manufacturer dealers a few times. I would caution anyone looking to purchase a truck to take your time. You can often find a good deal if you don't get in a hurry. You might check with Lone Mountain Leasing. They have several lots you could visit or go to their website. I have never dealt with them, but they show photo's of trucks with the down payment and payments listed. Most of what I have heard about them is positive, but some has not. As I recall, they have a dealership in south Georgia, Iowa and Las Vegas. I am sure their locations are on the website.

I also like to see prices when equipment is advertised. I don't want to waste my time on equipment that is overpriced. You still need to check out any truck before buying. If a dealer won't allow you to check it out by a third party or yourself, I would find another place to spend my money. The guy who usually works on my trucks usually has two or three trucks he is selling. Most are older and in the $10,000 range. He did have a nice Volvo not long ago priced around $22,000. I am sure there are others around who would do the same thing. He buys trucks that need work and goes through them before selling them.

There are buy here, pay here truck dealers, but you will pay through the nose for most of their equipment. You might find an individual who would like to sell their truck for a good price. A friend of mine bought a Conestoga last year for less than 1/2 of what it was worth. The owner died and his widow just wanted to get rid of the equipment. He also had a nice truck she wanted to sell, but my friend didn't need another truck. There will always be deals around for those with patience. If you can pay cash or have your own financing, it can be much easier to find those really good deals.