User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Need help with specifics...

Hi there folks. I'll do my best to avoid a wall of text here, but it might be tricky.

First, I'm a current CDL holder with about half a million miles or so on. I've successfully operated my own equipment, but was forced out of the OTR industry because of family member health issues (Wife got sick and we had a child with special needs all in the same year). I've since gone to school and picked up a BS in accounting. I've been doing computer work on the side for over 19 years, and I've got development experience with several computer languages. But... I miss the trucks, but not just the driving, I miss the business side of it.

So, I'm developing a web based game/business simulator. My goal isn't just to build something I can play, but a community for drivers who are interested (it will be a niche market I know) to hang out, build empires, and play. It's intent is to be able to play without devoting tons of large chunks of time to it. The perfect little thing while loading/unloading etc. But the thing is I haven't been on the road in 6 years and I really could use some help from the community of drivers. Because of needing that help I've made an early announcement of the project (which you can read here: 18 Wheel Empire). Currently I'm looking for people to weigh (no pun intended) in on a couple different things.
  1. Truck Weights and MPG
  2. Owner Operator Expenses
  3. PPM or PPL.

1. I'm looking for weights of trucks, cabs only. I need to know Year, Make, Model, Weight, and estimated fuel on board when the truck is/was weighed. I'd also like to know an average MPG (I know it varies with load weights, etc, I'm looking for averages) Does that weight and MPG include an APU, or idle time?.

2. I have a list of things I had for expenses as a lease operator but it's 6 years out of date and values and requirements change. I would like to see as thorough of a list as I possibly can as I'd like to include as much as I can. I need numbers (I realize those are usually something people are not keen to share, and I am more than willing to take the information privately.) I'm also fully ready to to include company acknowledgements for company owners who offer help, if they'd like that, when I put together the web page to do so.

3. I have never operated under my own authority and I really need some numbers in the area to build this simulation. I need to know what prices companies are working out with shippers as well as what lease operators are getting paid atm. I also need to know what the current FSC is at, and are they still basing it off an estimated 2.50/gal base, and what MPG is it calculated at? Again I know almost all of this has an "it depends" answer, but I'm looking for averages or estimated values that are in the reality zone.

If I can get help in these areas, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I develop.

You can also help by spreading the word by liking/sharing my Facebook and/or Google Plus pages

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Dave
Lead Developer - 18 Wheel Empire