User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2014, 01:02 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Every Time I Think About Adding Drivers, I See Something Like This & Have Nightmares

Engineers trying to remove semi truck from Lake Park pedestrian bridge | Local News - WISN Home

Way to go, PTL! You sure do drive a fine line.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Taken to the hospital as a precaution my butt, somebody went for an alcohol & drug test. seriously what the hell was this guy thinking.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Senior Board Member

He tried to blame it on his GPS. I am thinking more than likely Wacky Tobacco in his System. PTL from what I am hearing from a close friend that does drive for them just passed a New Fleet wide Directive NO MORE GPS UNITS ALLOWED in the Company of any kind. They meaning PTL are giving out 2015 Laminated Rand McNalleys at all Terminals and sending a copy of same to EVERY DRIVERS HOUSE of RECORD. My buddy said their safety man saw that on the news grabbed 3 things in 30 seconds a BIG BOTTLE OF Pepto 2nd thing was the Drivers Employment file so he KNEW Who to TERMINATE and DAC BEYOND HELL. The Last thing he grabbed according to what the my buddy heard from the Office gals was a tube of Lube for the FMCSA Carrier Audit that he KNOWS is going to be coming shortly because of this one.

This Numb Skull SWH crossed 1 Ped Bridge this was his Second he was aiming to go across.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Senior Board Member

I had a SoCal cop threaten me with a ticket about 7 years ago because I was in the left lane of a 6 lane local road for longer than he liked. I knew I was coming up on my turn somewhere in the next several miles, and since traffic was fairly heavy, figured I was best off in the lane I knew I was going to need. His response when I explained to him my reasoning was that a GPS (which I didn't have back then) would be cheaper than than the ticket he could write me. My response is that I hadn't bought one yet because they weren't trustworthy enough.

You know, when saw this story, I thought about Google Maps, which is generally pretty good, but has the option of getting walking directions. I wonder if this guy was using GM and had it in "Walking" mode...
Old 11-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
Taken to the hospital as a precaution my butt, somebody went for an alcohol & drug test. seriously what the hell was this guy thinking.

No thinking was done............
Old 11-20-2014, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

I am also thinking the Doc might have ordered a CT scan to make sure the Driver HAD A BRAIN.