User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Indiana IRP renewal?

Hi guys, I just got my indiana IRP renewal papers. I know its so late, reason for that as follows.
I used to have an agent company do this stuff for me and this year they have been awalled. I told them that I will not work with them anymore. So i guess this paperwork first went to them and by the time it found its way here, well here it is.

Id like to know how I should fill it out properly.
There is a question "does this fleet have WY Intra State Authority"? and a box to answer. what is this? I mean i go to WY didnt know that i need some special authority.

Also Mileage Type what should I put A,E,R? how to decide?

also for each state miles should be filled out form July 2012 to July 2013 where can I find them? I mean I've never done IFTA myself, always sent out all the stuff to my agents who did this and they never sent me any kind of results.

thanks all. Also any advice and stuff. Thank you
Old 06-27-2014, 05:18 AM
Board Regular

you somhow need to recreate the mileages for the previous two years. Those "averages" need to be entered for your IRP. Somehow you need to get those numbers. Either from the state or from the agent who filed them for you. As well as getting copies of your records. ALWAYS get copies.

Call and talk to the prorate folks as well. They should be able to help as well.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket11 View Post
Hi guys, I just got my indiana IRP renewal papers. I know its so late, reason for that as follows.
I used to have an agent company do this stuff for me and this year they have been awalled. I told them that I will not work with them anymore. So i guess this paperwork first went to them and by the time it found its way here, well here it is.

Id like to know how I should fill it out properly.
There is a question "does this fleet have WY Intra State Authority"? and a box to answer. what is this? I mean i go to WY didnt know that i need some special authority.

Also Mileage Type what should I put A,E,R? how to decide?

also for each state miles should be filled out form July 2012 to July 2013 where can I find them? I mean I've never done IFTA myself, always sent out all the stuff to my agents who did this and they never sent me any kind of results.

thanks all. Also any advice and stuff. Thank you

If your IFTA account is in Indiana, then you need to call them and ask them to send copies of your IFTA for the quarters you need. Most states now require carriers to file IFTA and IRP online. It is much easier and avoids errors. You may be able to print out the forms yourself once you are set up to file electronically. It could take a few days to set up your electronic filing account. Tell the IFTA people that you need the information ASAP and they should be able to get the right quarters to you in a day or so. You could put the miles into a spreadsheet, print it out and you will be able to file your IRP. If your IRP expires at the end of this month, you may need to make a personal visit to get what you need and to file your IRP. In my state, both are in the same building.