User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 04:00 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 07 Volvo- air leaks and electrical shorts.

I have a 2007 Volvo 630, with a Cummins engine and 640,000 miles and for the most part have been putting 10,000 miles a month on it.
Question # 1-I am thinking about a 2nd unit but wanted to hear from the forum if Volvo's are the only trucks that have air leaks. It seems that I get a new one every few weeks. Iam considering a Kenworth or a Pete but do they also get the same bothersome leaks.
Question # 2-Just started getting the ECU 10 amp breaker, blowing just after starting the engine. I found 2- loose wires associated with it and tightened them but the event keeps happening occasionally. That is once every 10 starts.
What happens is I start the engine and then approximately 5 seconds later it stops. It then will crank but no fire. So I open up the battery box put a new 10 amp in and start again but this time it keeps going. One recommendation is to change the starter which has not been right since installed 4 months ago. They say a malfunctioning starter can produce an extra surge of power which could be the problem. Another suggestion is to systematically check and clean and tighten every hot and ground I can find. A loose ground can cause a power surge. Is this a problem that anyone else is having.