User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Have a ?

I'm looking to become a o/o or lease at truck with a trucking company.Does anyone now which company would be a good company to lease with. My credit it's that good so i'm looking for a company that would not ask for credit check and a down payment. I would really like some help on that. Thank you
Old 02-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Do you have any driving experience? Leasing a truck has been discussed a number of times with various threads. You may want to do a search first to see if you can find what you are looking for with a carrier. There are several carriers who lease trucks to drivers with no down payment and no credit checks. The majority are very expensive. You won't be building any equity in the truck since you are leasing it. I usually recommend that anyone thinking of leasing a truck from a carrier, stay a company driver and save their money for at least a couple of years and then pay cash or at least have a large down payment. It is usually the best way to go. Getting into a truck, whether you lease of buy is not a good idea unless you have saved some running money. Work on building your credit while you save your money. If you have been driving for any length of time, you should have money saved. If not, you may want to wait. It takes discipline to save money and it takes discipline to be a successful owner operator. It is a good idea to have some experience before getting into any business. If you have not been driving very long, it would greatly benefit you to wait until you get at least a year or two of solid experience before getting into a truck. I don't normally try to discourage anyone from pursuing their dream, but this industry has a very high failure rate. The more experience you have and the more money you have saved prior to going into business, the better.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Gman is a nice guy. The short version of what he is saying is that you are looking for trouble. And stop, before it's too late.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Rookie

i have over 14 years of experience
Old 02-05-2014, 03:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Driving a truck? Or running the trucking business? Cause it's not the same. But leasing a truck from a company you gonna work for, is a big mistake. What are you trying to achieve? There is no money in it and it's 99% guarantied failure. You want to be o/o? Buy your own truck! Got no money, or credit? That's mean you are not ready. That's may sounds a bit rough to you, but that's the truth. Sorry.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:14 AM
Senior Board Member

if your credit is bad, you are not ready to run a business, no matter how much experience you have