User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ramps for step deck question

I'm buying a Doonan 53' step deck trailer and I will want to get the 4 aluminum ramp set up that's 20" wide with stands and all the other parts. I see there is only about 3 major places that make them, Discountramps.com, HDramps.com & Landsport.com. Is there much difference between them? Any better or worse than the other? I like the Discountramps.com hangers better than HDramps but other than that, didn't see much difference from looking at there web site. I see where Landsport makes some ramps that are 30k lbs per axle rated now too. Anyone been around all of them and have an opinion?
Old 12-24-2013, 02:29 AM
Senior Board Member

The ramps being sold on Discountramps.com are the ramps from HDramps.com... in fact, on HD's website, discountramps is listed as their vendor. Just from the pics on their website, Landsport.com uses different ramps from the other two sites.

As for 30k pound ramps, what would you ever haul that you would need that kind of capacity? Even a Genie ZX-135/70, which weighs 46k pounds would be fine on the 23,500 ramps, because it has a wheelbase longer than 8 feet. What would you ever haul that would have an axle, or set of axles, that covers less than 8 feet and weighs more than 23,500? I suppose a Genie SX-180 (54k lbs) would exceed the 23,500 limit, but they are extremely rare. I haul a lot of that kind of stuff and I've never even seen an SX-180.