User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 02:55 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Tql

is it just me or is everyone that works for that company on a ego trip or just down right nasty?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
is it just me or is everyone that works for that company on a ego trip or just down right nasty?
For the most part I've had fair success with them and their egos lol. Few have but that's most companies with more agents. Landstar I've had most ego issues with.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc5952 View Post
For the most part I've had fair success with them and their egos lol. Few have but that's most companies with more agents. Landstar I've had most ego issues with.
same here...I've had some LS people that won't even tell you what the load is until after you book it. Screw them.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Senior Board Member

I just read somewhere that they were bought out, can't remember who, might be Celadon, or one of the big ones
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
I just read somewhere that they were bought out, can't remember who, might be Celadon, or one of the big ones
really?

they have to be the worst broker firm i use. i'll give 2 examples.

1. back in dec. i got a power ownly fema load from brooklyn ny to atlanta ga. got a great rate on it.

problem 1: took once i got the rate con i go to the address. i get there NO ONE knows whats going on. the normal BS. this one said talk to that one, that one dont know anything or what i'm talking about. call the tql broker explain no one knows whats going on. i get the famous "i'll call you back". nothing. 3 hours later i call back that i need to know where to pick this trailer up. i get "well what do you want me to do about it?" i ask then AGAIN to call the rep so i can get out of there. after arguing with the broker i told him if i dont get an answer in 10 min i'm leaving. STILL nothing back but i stumble on where i have to be to get this trailer.

2. i get down to atlanta and confirm the address.. they say its right.. its not even close.. not to mention the phone number they gave me.. dont work. after i tell them that i get told its not their problem. thank god for iphone and google maps..

3. when i dropped the trailer they couldnt fathem that the trailer was dropped. i get a phone call for the next 2 days to ask if it was dropped..

next example: this past monday i'm shopping around for a return load for today. to call and ask for see if they have a load from canton/akron ohio to LONG ISLAND NEW YORK, for THURSDAY. i get.. "where did you see this load? what board?" i get this ALL THE TIME from them only. then i get "oh great! we got toledo to rochester ny. tell them this is no good but thank you. they send me over to that broker anyway. 60% of the time they have something going close to the island or on the island. this one got me good. i give them one rate, the broker shoots me another $100 lower. i said no i cant do it for that rate. she says "whats the big deal? its like taking a $100 bill and ripping it up".

i got one broker i use though them and honestly real good rates and nice guys.. but they only do the 1 lane in the US the rest into canada.

rant over. just wanted to know if it was just me.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
really?

they have to be the worst broker firm i use. i'll give 2 examples.

1. back in dec. i got a power ownly fema load from brooklyn ny to atlanta ga. got a great rate on it.

problem 1: took once i got the rate con i go to the address. i get there NO ONE knows whats going on. the normal BS. this one said talk to that one, that one dont know anything or what i'm talking about. call the tql broker explain no one knows whats going on. i get the famous "i'll call you back". nothing. 3 hours later i call back that i need to know where to pick this trailer up. i get "well what do you want me to do about it?" i ask then AGAIN to call the rep so i can get out of there. after arguing with the broker i told him if i dont get an answer in 10 min i'm leaving. STILL nothing back but i stumble on where i have to be to get this trailer.

2. i get down to atlanta and confirm the address.. they say its right.. its not even close.. not to mention the phone number they gave me.. dont work. after i tell them that i get told its not their problem. thank god for iphone and google maps..

3. when i dropped the trailer they couldnt fathem that the trailer was dropped. i get a phone call for the next 2 days to ask if it was dropped..

next example: this past monday i'm shopping around for a return load for today. to call and ask for see if they have a load from canton/akron ohio to LONG ISLAND NEW YORK, for THURSDAY. i get.. "where did you see this load? what board?" i get this ALL THE TIME from them only. then i get "oh great! we got toledo to rochester ny. tell them this is no good but thank you. they send me over to that broker anyway. 60% of the time they have something going close to the island or on the island. this one got me good. i give them one rate, the broker shoots me another $100 lower. i said no i cant do it for that rate. she says "whats the big deal? its like taking a $100 bill and ripping it up".

i got one broker i use though them and honestly real good rates and nice guys.. but they only do the 1 lane in the US the rest into canada.

rant over. just wanted to know if it was just me.
Now you mention that they are good at saying I don't have____ load but got this for same but with extra miles pickup/delivery points it cuts rates .30-.40 cpm and not happening! Hard enough to survive the way it is lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member

I will dead head up to 120 miles if the rate is right. Said it once and ill say it again. CHR. Is the best.

I've also had great luck with echo.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I will dead head up to 120 miles if the rate is right. Said it once and ill say it again. CHR. Is the best.

I've also had great luck with echo.
Had great success for CHR also. I have ran for 2 years from 1 truck to 4 and 1 trailer to 4 and own all without liens so I guess I am doing something right lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Different TQL. They're out of MI and specialize in logistics (and a little trucking) for the pharmaceutical industry. They were bought by Forward Air.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries View Post
Different TQL. They're out of MI and specialize in logistics (and a little trucking) for the pharmaceutical industry. They were bought by Forward Air.
Yep, didn't know there were 2 of them.