User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Was checking out a truck or 2

Today, I had to go to FYDA Freightliner in Canonsburg, PA for a minor repair on my truck. While it was in the shop, I was out wandering the parking lot and ended up looking at some used trucks. Two of them definitely caught my eye.

Both trucks are 2007 Freightliner Century's. They're former Crete fleet trucks, so there was nothing special about them other than the Tripac APU's already installed. I don't know the full specs on the trucks, but they have the Detroit Series 60 engines and Merritor 10-speed transmissions. The mileage on them is in the mid-500's. As for the horsepower, I honestly don't know. After all, I was just looking.

I spoke to a salesman for quite awhile. I explained that I'm at the very least about 6 months out from making a purchase, but was just looking for info.

He said that they had just gotten those trucks in within the past few days and they hadn't been detailed yet (you could still see the outline of the lettering in the paint) and didn't know exactly what price they would go for yet, but assumed they would be around $39,000.

My question is: does that price seem about right for that truck?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Too High........Mid 20's to 30k
Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Rookie

Way to high.Those prices reflect the type of buyer they are ''marketing''..They are looking for that company driver that hates life and will do anything to be an O/O with horrible credit....So they sit and wait for that person to come walking in..When he or she walks in,they let the snakes loose.

They wack them with real high interest rates and mark the trucks up.SIMPLE...But most people do not care.They sign the dotted line anyways in an act of desperation.They are only prolonging there bitter end.I have watched this time and time again..sad
Old 11-20-2012, 02:35 AM
Senior Board Member

best bang for the buck i've seen lately is the ex jb hunt internationals. could be had for the 39k price with lower miles. i love them detroits... when they run right.