User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Opinios Please

Going to a auction Saturday to buy a different truck. I have picked out 4 trucks I want to bid on. The auction has 13 trucks in it and I have talked to the mechanics that worked for the company with the trucks and they told me these were all solid trucks. I have no idea what the trucks should bring at the auction and was hoping for some insight on that. The auction is a bankruptcy liquidation auction.

2005 International 9400i
Cummins ISX
610,000 miles
13 speed

2006 Freightliner Columbia
12.7 Detroit
625,000 miles
10 speed

2007 Freightliner Columbia
Mercedes Engine
412,000 miles
Rigmaster APU
10 speed

2007 Freightliner Classic
14.0 Detroit
Deer guard bumper
Roof AC
Generator
13 speed

I run a 350 mile a day dedicated run on flat ground and just looking to replace my million mile Peterbilt 387.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Rookie

In my humble opinion, none of those ***-wagons could ever stand up to a good ol' Volvo with an autoshift. (Can't wait to see how everyone responds to that) However, if I had to pick out one of the trucks you listed based on the information you provided, I would probably choose the 07 FL Classic with the 14.0 Detroit or the 06 FL Columbia with the 12.7 detroit. I don't know what kind of weight you're pulling and if the bigger engine would make much a difference other than buring more fuel. Would the generator in the Classic be of any use to you if you're on a dedicated run and probably go home every night? I would choose the 05 International over all the others just because of the Cummins but I don't like how the 9400i's look. I've always really liked Columbias but if I were you I would stay away from the one that has the Mercedes engine. I've personally never used one but I hear nothing but COMPLETE AND TOTAL horror stories about them. Ask anyone on here or just browse the threads and you'll see. I was going to get a Columbia with a Mercedes in it until I found a ridiculous amount of information about how the Mercedes engines tend to randomly light on fire while going down the road, usually resulting in the whole truck burning to the ground and total loss of the vehicle.

At the end of the day you have to be the one to decide whats best for you. No matter what truck you choose or how great it really is there's still going to be a bunch of retards on here who will jump at the chance to tell you what a ****ty decision you made. Long as you get that excited first car feeling when you look at it and you think it'll be strong running and long lasting then you can't go wrong. Don't go crazy with all the details. Just find something you love and can depend on. That's all that matters.