User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
It's quite a bit different from the Volvo that's for sure. Problem is the Volvo had a ride quality issue, that's why I got rid of it. Haven't hooked up to a trailer yet. Bobtailing it is maybe a little rougher, not much. Doesn't bounce around or sway as bad though. It feels more like a real truck.
The rear kit that I bought to upgrade to the AG400 came with torsion bars that they use on the 46,000 lb rears. I had no choice. dealer said all the kits come with the heavier round bars. 40,000 lb bars are smaller dia. It rides rough empty.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Went for the first trip and everything went "ok". Had a few issues:

- Air dryer needs to be done ASAP, the purge valve is screwing up, I was hoping I could wait a while to push more oil out of the system before replacing it
- Espar started blowing diesel smoke into the sleeper, an easy fix
- Front end shimmy, needed a new steer tire
- Handling issue that is probably fixed with the new tire, but I will check the toe in tomorrow just in case
- Drivers door leaks a LOT by the locking mechanism, I put a new gasket there but I think it needs silicon behind the gasket
- A fuel tank vent was actually replaced with a plug, causing that tank to stay full
- Needs a new 5th wheel, surprised it passed safety
- Going to insulate the big sleeper windows, they let in too much noise while sleeping
- Dash fan doesn't seem to push out enough volume of air

The truck did 7.8 and 7.3 MPG. It is not geared correctly, when I'm heavy I have to go either 58 in 12th (1480 rpms) or 63+ in 13th, but it still lugs on the hills too much. The door tag and diffs say 3.55 but I think it actually has 3.36 gears!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
- Dash fan doesn't seem to push out enough volume of air...
Tell me about it. They suck for that. My "heater box" (i.e. the tin housing that houses the squirrel cage fan, located on the firewall, in the engine bay, in front of the glove box) was leaking a massive amount of air. I replaced it and that improved the situation, but not much.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Senior Board Member

funny my father and i were talkign the other day about that. in his t800 it didnt blow out worth a damn. his 379 blows out like crazy.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Senior Board Member

The heater boxes on KW's are a weak spot they rust out badly, especially in the rust belt, I have no issues with the blower speed, it will blow your hair back on high,check to see that the hoses behind the dash are good and that they are connected properly,also check the squirrel cages the plastics ones sometimes "slip"