User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

ca is the most ridiculous state with there emissions controll. i think it has something to do with revenue!! yea ca is flat broke but i think it's amusing the chp wants to run out and buy ford excursions something that gets 20-22 mpg on the freeway!! i agree with fredog i say we boycott em and let em starve for all i care. and a pre emissions truck is more reliable than an emmisons laden truck as well as a pre emissions truck gets better mpg than a emissions laden truck. there always changing the deadlines for the rules on emissions in ca. try calling carb none of em have no idea of whats going on there just a bunch of idiots a waste of tax payer money if you ask me!! i'll be staying out of ca as i don't see the cost to run in ca worth it to justify all the emissions crap to run in ca it is just not worth it. hopefully the rest of the states don't follow ca's bs emissions rules but most of the time they do. but i'm sure they will in time!!! id'e love to sit on the nv ca border and just blow smoke over in ca and watch the look on the revenue rangers face when they can't do crap about it .
Old 06-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think that more drivers are unwilling to continue dealing with the BS in California. Rates seem to be coming up a little and my guess is that this is the reason. I used to run California a lot. I have not been in the state in about 3 or 4 years. I won't run out there for the rates that I have been seeing and don't want to deal with the BS. If enough owners refused to go into the state we would see rates go up and some of the ridiculous laws change. I don't idle unless necessary, but will in order to be comfortable. It has never made sense for states to prohibit idling so that drivers can get needed rest.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Board Regular

i agree with you g man. i wish more drivers would stand up and demand higher rates for all the emissions crap running in ca. id'e boycott ca all together and now that there giving illegals drivers licences maybe they can haul there frieght around!! i'm waiting for the day when they put a wall up around ca and nyc. as far as idling i think it should be illegal not to let someone idle providing theres no apu on the truck and it's to hot or cold where the driver can't get there rest. but i guess cleaning the air up is more important than a driver driving whithout proper rest. anything that comes from the goverment never makes sence!!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Senior Board Member

ground pounder you have a clue what you are talking about? ny is not as bad as ca. it is anti idle yet its seldom enforced. in the city yes but other places no. the only places where they are starting a strict emissions crack down is in the ports. its not mandatory to have DPF or DEF in the state...
Old 06-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Youe '07 is good a few more years. Unfotunately, when I wake up on New Years' day ( Jan 1st) 2014, my '06 will NOT.

I think there will be a change before this nonsense goes into effect.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Senior Board Member

I am not going to worry about rates in or out of CA simply because I have decided that there is no real good reason to go there since 1999. Actually, have had the same feeling about anything west of I-25. But that's me. It leaves me out of the competition with others who feel the need to go there. Have not lost either sleep or revenue by not going to CA. For my operation, was one of the best decisions I ever made to avoid anything west of I-25.