User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default T/A Matthews, MO

I stopped in yesterday to check on getting these lugger tires changed out and after some haggling, they gave me a great deal. I got 8 Bridgestone M726EL tires ($355 on national acct) then for my tires I had on the truck (china crap but brand new) they gave me a $100 casing credit, free mount and balancing and valves, and a coupon for a free ultimate pm. So that is roughly $175 a tire. They got me and out in 90 min and were nice enough to also slip me a free shower and 2 free meal cards.

I'd highly suggest stopping un if you ever need work done in the area.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Rookie

Got a lot of work done there last week. For a TA shop I would suggest them...... Among other things I got done I had the ultimate pm done and seeing I was due on the 1st for a DOT they did it for free. I was kinda surprised, during the PM they actually lubed my cab/bunk door hinges, greased my hood hinges and scraped off all the old grease off the 5th wheel before greasing it back up. Also, On my airlines and pig tail I had some "rub protection" on them so they wouldn't rub on my headache rack, after a few months its started to wear so they took it off and wrapped 1/2" rubber around.... With out charging or even asking if they should do it. The 2 guys working on my truck were very professional and had their head screwed on tight. Unlike most TA shops.

Other than they Matthews mo location, greencastle pa is my other recommendation.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Board Regular

Good deal. Chinese wears down twice as fast as the big name brands.

If you tracked fuel mileage with the luggers I'd be interested to see what the 'stones did for you in a few weeks.

I run BFG ST240 on my drives. Luv 'em. Might cap these or get some Mich XZA next.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerDaddy View Post
Good deal. Chinese wears down twice as fast as the big name brands.

If you tracked fuel mileage with the luggers I'd be interested to see what the 'stones did for you in a few weeks.

I run BFG ST240 on my drives. Luv 'em. Might cap these or get some Mich XZA next.
Well, I only did 1 run with the lugs, but avg 6.2mpg for the trip. I am running my 1st trip with the Bridgestones and so far I'm at 7.3mpg running the same route at the same speed. I just hope the trend continues.
Tho today I did manage to find a few very large potholes and snap a steer shock. Granted they have 600k on them, so I had to replace the pair with a set of Gabriel adjustables.....and for a note, don't set them on "firm" as the ride is terrible. TA in Ganado is going to re-adjust them to "regular" for me.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Senior Board Member

They're not hard to adjust at all. They don't last long either.