LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Inexpensive Option - NavStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post
They are still working on selecting the best make and model. A while back I volunteered to test an elog, and they called me last week offering to test one particular system they're interested in. I have to keep it for 30 days while maintaining the regular log (2 logs!). They said they're keen to see how this system handles switching from US to Canadian rules where you go over a border bridge I"m still waiting to hear from them - they said they'd tell me when they've received the system and which service center I have to go to to get it installed for free.
The Qualcomm's are good, but they are too expensive in my opinion. I had to try to find a lower cost solution that did relatively the same thing as the qualcomm/peoplenet/Xata systems. I found this small company called NavStar Technologies, their NSTRAK EOBR , similar functionality and price is less than $1,000 to buy each unit outright. I'll probably go with them cause I can finance the original purchase with Riviera Finance. Cash flow is tight, this option will help alot.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 PM

EOBR's and rates are connected by way of having proof the shipper or receiver held up the truck for longer than their contracted allowance. Whoever sends out the invoice will include a surcharge for holding up the truck.

Not saying the driver ever sees the cash, but there are a growing number of fleets successfully collecting these charges.

Ontario, Canada