User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

IDK man getting home to Fl with a flatbed outfit can be tough, even tougher getting out of Fl....You have lots of kids, I think you should be looking for a local job instead. The Roehl business is a bunch of junk paywise. Idk how often Fl otr drivers get home but i bet its below the nat.av. One day your kids will ask their mom who you are.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rick View Post
Who is BTC?
Builders Transport Corp out of TN. I see their guys all day long out of memphis and they all seem very happy and the trailers look very nice!

Not sure on their leasing info, but it would be worth a shot to check em out i thought.

I know you will get weekends off and you may even be able to keep your day-cab and run something dedicated or local?????

http://www.builderstransportation.co...perators.shtml
Old 02-12-2011, 07:27 PM

The value of the experience you gain from making $800 wk as a company driver will save you money down the road. Pay close attention to all of the surprise expenses that come about driving their truck. The more you learn the more you'll make right of the bat when you become an O/O. Revenue can make O/O look like a good way to go but remember you can lose money as expenses you never thought of can ruin entire months of revenue!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Trucking in Florida is prob the worst out of anywhere. Unless you can get a local job, I'd steer clear as you will hardly ever be home. And if you do decide to go otr, I'd suggest a refer company as they are really the only ones who make any $ in Florida.