User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default My average week on my dedicated run

I see many people posting how they do on a weekly basis, so i decided to post my dedicated run I do and my earnings too. It's not BIG money but it pays the bills (that I don't have LOL)

I start out bobtail from my house in Westville, IN about 6am Monday morning and head to Tuscola, IL 180 miles away, where I pick-up my pre-loaded trailer and top off my fuel tanks (I filled them before bobtailing home the week prior since it gets a bit cold here)
I then head the rest of the way to Seadrift, TX where I arrive tuesday evening, and I drop off my loaded tank and pick-up my empty.
Then I stop at the Gamado, TX T/A and refuel the truck (I'm usually at about 1/2tank at this point on my 300gal) It is 1,350 miles down to my delivery point.

I then head back to Tuscola, IL where I drop my empty, top off my tanks, and bobtail home 180 miles. and I usually get in around 4-5pm on Thursday night

So after driving 2,700 miles I use about 250-275 gallons of fuel for the trip.
I get paid a flat rate of $4,000 to the truck of which after my insurance, fuel, and escrow/plates I bring home $2,700 a week.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
I see many people posting how they do on a weekly basis, so i decided to post my dedicated run I do and my earnings too. It's not BIG money but it pays the bills (that I don't have LOL)

I start out bobtail from my house in Westville, IN about 6am Monday morning and head to Tuscola, IL 180 miles away, where I pick-up my pre-loaded trailer and top off my fuel tanks (I filled them before bobtailing home the week prior since it gets a bit cold here)
I then head the rest of the way to Seadrift, TX where I arrive tuesday evening, and I drop off my loaded tank and pick-up my empty.
Then I stop at the Gamado, TX T/A and refuel the truck (I'm usually at about 1/2tank at this point on my 300gal) It is 1,350 miles down to my delivery point.

I then head back to Tuscola, IL where I drop my empty, top off my tanks, and bobtail home 180 miles. and I usually get in around 4-5pm on Thursday night

So after driving 2,700 miles I use about 250-275 gallons of fuel for the trip.
I get paid a flat rate of $4,000 to the truck of which after my insurance, fuel, and escrow/plates I bring home $2,700 a week.
Here's an idea. If you sell the house and sleep in the truck and go to a cheap motel near your terminal, you won't have to deadhead 360 miles each week. You'd gain 6 hours a week and could start a new hobby

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Board Regular

So after driving 2,700 miles I use about 250-275 gallons of fuel for the trip

How do you get over 10 MPG?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
It's not BIG money but it pays the bills
funny you should say that. i was talking to a buddy of mine the other night who said the same thing.
he runs 2-3 days a week, he has a dedicated run to atlanta from south florida, HE finds his own loads coming back down and is more then happy. i'm convinced that people just do not look for the work hard enough or they want $4000 to go 100 miles.

he was telling me about a dedicated run from chicago to ft. lauderdale every week with 1 stop in atlanta on the way down. it pays $3300 if i could find steady runs (oh and money to back me :roll: ) i'd be all over that with a grin ear to ear.

shc, seems like you have a real nice run!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
So after driving 2,700 miles I use about 250-275 gallons of fuel for the trip

How do you get over 10 MPG?
Heck......I'm wondering how QC squeezes $4Grand to the truck out of Lyondell........Tuscola especially, is cheap on the rate with their loads going to TX.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Senior Board Member

I haul out of a different place, not Lyondell and the runs are paid by Dow Chemical. They have been doing this run for over 20yrs and the only reason I got it was because the guy that ran it retired.

As for my mpg, my load only weighs 4300lbs and I come back empty (basically empty both ways) and I drive 60mph. My FSC covers my cost of fuel

My tank empty weighs 10,900

Last edited by Steel Horse Cowboy; 01-24-2011 at 06:48 PM.