LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 2011 Trucknpro 7 Software Released

I just activated my new 2011 Trucknpro 7 software today. I have had the software for several years. If you have already purchased a copy of an older version you should be able to get an upgrade. The new version can calculate mileage, flat rate or percentage. It can also calculate kilometers and miles so that Canadians and Americans can use the same software. I am anxious to give it a test run. You can get the upgrade from their website www.foglinesoftware.com. If you haven't tried it and are looking for trucking software you may want to get the trial version. I have had a couple of other trucking specific software packages and I like this one over the others. I like the simplicity. I am curious as to how many on the forum are using Trucknpro. If anyone is using something else perhaps you could share with the rest of us and tell us what you like or don't like about your software.

Last edited by GMAN; 01-05-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:32 AM
Board Regular

Older pirate copy of ProMiles on one PC and older pirate copy of PC Miler on another. I like ProMiles better.

Open Office and my own spreadsheets. Got rid of the pencil and paper last year.

Now I need to toss that door pocket full of roadmaps I haven't touched in 5 years.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerDaddy View Post
Now I need to toss that door pocket full of roadmaps I haven't touched in 5 years.
:lol: I just did that, as I've been sorting stuff out, lately.
It felt like I was letting go a valuable collection.
I probably have some expired coupons in my wallet too.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
If anyone is using something else perhaps you could share with the rest of us and tell us what you like or don't like about your software.
I have had this since 2007 and I Love it. My accountant loves this more than I do cause it really helps keep everything organized. I can go and look at so much stuff with this, and at the end of Month it will print me up an itemized list of every income/expense I have and do an tally on the end of year.

Another good thing I love about this is if I ever have any questions about anything, Ray the owner of this always gets back to me asap, and never have I ever had anything but great things to say about this.

When you put in an address of where your going to pick up at you can get it to pull up a satillite view of the place and it will show you what the loading dock looks like and this is great to know how much room you will have.

I paid for this once, and since then evey upgrade has been FREE! I downloaded the new 2011 couple of days ago and it is a totally new version and cost for this $00.00 since I was already a customer! Can't beat this in my book.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have a several friends who have had Trucknpro for several years. I spoke with one of them last night and he wasn't aware of the free upgrade. He usually does his bookkeeping on weekends when he gets off the road. It doesn't take very long with this program. Some that I have tried were a bit more complex than I would have liked. If a program is too complicated to use people won't bother using it. One feature that I use a lot on this program is the broker/contact. I have over 300 brokers that I keep in the file. There is an area of this feature where you can make notes. I use it to note good and bad contacts. I also put in average rate information, primary lanes or any problems. I have a few brokers listed that I won't do business with due to problems that I had with them or that they lied to me. When I check their info then I know whether they are someone whom I want to do business.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Board Regular

I also use Trucknpro and I like it overall, although mine has been a bit glitchy. First, the program has reversed the sequence of trips entered. When you click on "go to last trip", it takes you to the very first one you entered when you started. Click on "go to first trip", and it takes you to the most recent one. (it was fine when I first bought the program) I called Ray and gave him access to my computer. He saw it for himself but I couldn't make him understand that it was now backwards. He told me it was designed that way. Oh well.

Now, when I enter the extra pay for trips, fuel surcharge, stop-off, etc., some of those charges are not showing up when you view/print reports. So, some of my revenue numbers are not accurate, which I suppose means I will have to go back and re-enter revenue for those trips.

Last edited by Red Clay Rambler; 01-08-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Rookie

Started using TruckNPro 6 months ago after losing all my data on another program and they could not get it back from my backup. I also demoed about 6 others but TruckNPro was easiest to use and made more sense for me to use. Has fantastic reports my accountant will appreciate. The company I lease to asked what I use because I can break any numbers down with the reports and are looking at it now also.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Clay Rambler View Post
I also use Trucknpro and I like it overall, although mine has been a bit glitchy. First, the program has reversed the sequence of trips entered. When you click on "go to last trip", it takes you to the very first one you entered when you started. Click on "go to first trip", and it takes you to the most recent one. (it was fine when I first bought the program) I called Ray and gave him access to my computer. He saw it for himself but I couldn't make him understand that it was now backwards. He told me it was designed that way. Oh well.

Now, when I enter the extra pay for trips, fuel surcharge, stop-off, etc., some of those charges are not showing up when you view/print reports. So, some of my revenue numbers are not accurate, which I suppose means I will have to go back and re-enter revenue for those trips.

I am sorry to hear that you have been having some difficulty with your program. I have not had a problem with my program. I think that you are saying that you would like to have the program automatically sort the loads by date in case you put them in out of the order in which they were hauled? I usually put mine in as I have hauled them, so I don't recall having experienced that particular problem. I don't believe that there is a way to sort the loads once they are put into the program. As far as accuracy, I don't recall any problem with any of the programs that I have gotten from Trucknpro. I would check to make sure that you accurately put in the correct data and in the right place. If you are still having a problem, then I would back up my data, delete the old program and reinstall it. If there is a glitch in something that didn't install properly then that may take care of it. You could try downloading the new program and see if that solves the problem. The new program has some features that the old one didn't.

One thing that I have found with dealing with Foglinesoftware (Trucknpro) over the years is that he is always looking for ways in which to improve his software. He is always open to suggestions about adding new features. You may want to mention anything that you feel would enhance the program. He might incorporate your comments on a later version. By the way, for those who are not familiar with the program, Trucknpro does offer video's online to take you through the features of the program.

Last edited by GMAN; 01-09-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I am sorry to hear that you have been having some difficulty with your program. I have not had a problem with my program. I think that you are saying that you would like to have the program automatically sort the loads by date in case you put them in out of the order in which they were hauled? I usually put mine in as I have hauled them, so I don't recall having experienced that particular problem. I don't believe that there is a way to sort the loads once they are put into the program. As far as accuracy, I don't recall any problem with any of the programs that I have gotten from Trucknpro. I would check to make sure that you accurately put in the correct data and in the right place. If you are still having a problem, then I would back up my data, delete the old program and reinstall it. If there is a glitch in something that didn't install properly then that may take care of it. You could try downloading the new program and see if that solves the problem. The new program has some features that the old one didn't.
Gman
I also enter the trips in the order in which I hauled them. My problem is with the "arrow" buttons at the bottom of the window where you enter your trip info. When I click on "go to last trip", it takes me to the very first one I ever entered back in April, when it should take me to the most recent one entered, which was this past December.

I also just finished re-entering revenue info for about 30 loads because the fuel surcharges, stop fees, etc, were not showing up when I pulled up reports. Only the base load pay was showing and included in the totals of the reports.

I will probably get the latest version and hope that it works properly.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Some things are a little different in the new version. It is a good time for him to introduce the upgrade, at the beginning of the new year. I am only on my second load for the year, so I won't be getting behind.