User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How hard is it to do your own filing?

I have been thinking of doing all my own paperwork, IFTA, Hvy Rd use, UCR etc... and was wondering is this hard to do, and or if you know of a web site that explains this and when everything is due? I thought at one time OOIDA had something about the dates everything is due, but not been able to find it yet?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The Heavy Highway Use Tax 2290 is due by July 31. It is due the same time each year, but is prorated from the time you put your vehicle in service. UCR and IFTA are on a calender year. The UCR is due by the end of the calender year. IFTA needs to have a quarterly tax filed no later than 30 days from the end of the quarter. For instance, the first quarter ends March 31. The tax is due by April 30 without paying a penalty. You may find some of the information on your state's website. In my state, my IRP is due the same time each year and is based upon the month in which you first license your truck in the state. If you first get your IRP in February then you need to renew by the last day of that month. Some states may still use a calender year so that they are due the last day of December. You need to check your state. They should tell you when you fill out your IRP forms. In fact, you should be able to either call them for all forms or you may be able to download them.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Board Regular

Thanks GMAN, just thought I would start doing most of the forms and things on my Truck as it shouldn't be too hard for me to keep up with and later on I could help someone else if need be.