User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 03:58 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sunco Carriers

Anyone have any current info good or bad on Sunco?
Old 09-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Board Member

All i know is what a friend of mine told me. He worked for them for 2 years, then one day they decided they didn't need his services anymore and told him they terminated his contract. he was quite surprised, seeing he had NEVER had a single problem with the company, no violations, never been repremanded, anything!!!!

They called him one morning while he was delivering in Compton and told him, and he was on his own finding a way home to Chicago. That is when he started working for Landstar. He got a load from an agent in Oregon who has a LTL going to Indy. he used the Sunco trailer and came home then told them to come get their trailer.

He then got a lawyer to sue Sunco for his escrow account back which they refused to give him because it was "Forfited to the company at the termantion of his lease" but he DID get it.

Needless to say, there reason for letting him go was that freight slowed and they needed to release some of the "newer" drivers so the longtime guys could get freight. I understand that, was just a s**ty way to do it.

Also, if you look around, you don't really see them anymore. At least not as much as you once did.

Last edited by Steel Horse Cowboy; 09-26-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Rookie

i was talking to a driver for an o/o and i asked why i had been noticing company trucks when the company had been advertising that they were 100% o/o and he said it was because they picked up an account in florida for coke hauling orange juice i think, but that the o/o's woulndn't haul it cause it was too cheep so they were forced to get company power to service the account.