User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default It Is MUCH More Time Consuming & A Hassle To Change Trucks vs. Changing Companies!!!

Has anyone else experienced this?

When you change companies, you are 1/2 or 2/3 of a week down for orientation & paperwork. Then you are back on the road.

Switching trucks, I will have been down a full two weeks!!! issedoff:

OK, on a Tuesday afternoon, I checked w/ dispatch, and they said they didn't have a specific next load for me, and they said it would be best that I head home & check with them in the A.M., so I did.

I get home & check Truck Paper online. I find my dream truck, a 2006 Volvo 780 w/ 465 HP Volvo engine & autoshift. So I call the Volvo dealer & find out it was still available. So I give them a CC# to hold it. Weds A.M. 1st thing, I go to my credit union and apply for a used car loan (like I had done 5 years prior for my 1st truck). I filled out appl., and expected to be heading toward the dealer in the afternoon with a check. No such luck. The C.U. calls me & says that the rules had changed, I'd have to apply for a "business loan" instead. So I go back to C.U. & fill out appl.

I sit at home, waiting & waiting. I expected any moment to hear a check was ready. No such luck. They tell me "a 3rd party" was evaluating the loan. I wait & wait some more. FINALLY, late Friday afternoon, just before the CU closed, the check was ready. So I call the dealer with the good news.

I thought I could go to dealer Saturday morning, but no such luck. Salesman says truck won't be ready until at least Monday morning, and to call him then (I live about 5 hours away).

So Monday morning I call, and he says truck won't be ready until noon Tuesday. So I leave early Tuesday A.M. for Savannah from Orlando area. I get there, do paperwork, switch 5 years worth of junk from one truck to the other, and find out they do NOT have the Title!!! Volvo Corp. does!!!

I cannot lease back on to my company, until my application for FL Title is complete.

Then I also find out Title is being sent to Savannah dealer 1st instead of directly to me. So here I STILL sit waiting & waiting. I'm hoping tomorrow is FINALLY the day I get the Title, but no guarantees of even that.

I'm just hoping my co. still remembers who I am when I arrive w/new truck. :eek2:

Last edited by Aufgeblassen; 08-15-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

That's why I always pay cash.

Most companies only require a application for title as proof of ownership, and a paid 2290 w/DOT inspection.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
That's why I always pay cash.

Most companies only require a application for title as proof of ownership, and a paid 2290 w/DOT inspection.
Even If I paid cash, I still would have had a big delay waiting for Title to go from Volvo to dealer, and then finally to me.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Even If I paid cash, I still would have had a big delay waiting for Title to go from Volvo to dealer, and then finally to me.
Thats very true, not to mention how slow the damn post office is now-a-days.
I usually buy from a seller and not a dealer, and the one dealer I have used always has the titles in hand.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
not to mention how slow the damn post office is now-a-days.
The funny things is, all this is by FedEx overnight, NOT the post office. Trouble was, the lady that handles sending out the titles was not in last Fri., so it did not get sent. issedoff:

I got my (backup) GPS that I accidentally left in my truck days ago, and it was sent only by FedEx Ground
Old 08-19-2010, 09:36 PM

Update: Well, after 17 down days, :bigcry: I will finally be hitting the road in my like-new Volvo 780!!!