User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Why?

Why does it takes so long to approve your authority? 20100719 is when i applied online, got my inusrance and boc 3#, the same day. Every time i call fmcsa to check on it , i get a diffrent answer. No one can give me a solid answer. The only answer i can get from them is it takes 3-4 weeks. My inusrance was filed on 20100720
Old 08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The reason it takes so long is that the feds require that your application be published in the federal register for a certain amount of time so that anyone who has an objection to your having authority has an opportunity to file their objection. It goes back to when it was much more difficult and expensive to get authority. Back then, any other carrier could file an objection and potentially prevent you from receiving your authority. It would be a rarity for anyone to file an objection today. You just need to be patient. The feds need to have you jump through their hoops and there is nothing you can do but wait. I have had my authority for some years, but I believe that it took about 6 or 8 weeks. I have heard that in recent years that some have gotten their authority back in about 3 weeks. It seems lioke a pretty short time compared to when I first applied. Of course, we had to rely on snail mail back then.

You should be able to check your docket number online rather than calling them.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I believe that your application must be published for either 2 or 3 weeks, if that helps. I would think that you should hear something in the next week, judging from the date you gave for filing your insurance.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:30 PM

i called this morning and was told it would be mailed out this friday. I should get it tuesday or wednesday, i was told it was coming from Washington, DC.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Rookie
Default authority

Since you have an internet connection, you can simply go to the FMCSAs website and do a search for yourself (company name)....Once your auth is active, it will indicate on the webiste. Mine took 8 weeks I believe.