User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CarFax for heavy duty trucks

Does anyone know if there is a service similar to CarFax for trucks? The service that provides a vehicle history report on cars.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:34 AM

I'm not sure if they have a Carfax type company for trucks or not, but I'm sure if they do, it's just as inaccurate as Carfax is. If it tells you something has happened in the past then it's a safe bet it has, but most of the time accidents and repairs never get reported. I had a friend of mine put my pickup on his used car lot a little over a year ago when I sold it and had him pull the Carfax for me just to see how bad the report was going to be. I had the rear-end replaced in it around 24k and again at 26k and got in an accident at around 60k that required almost the entire front end and passenger side to be replaced (should have been totaled out, but another friend at the Ford dealership body shop played the numbers game with my insurance so it wouldn't). None of the incidents made it on the report and the friend who owned the used car lot told me that's common, that businesses fail to report that stuff all the time. Not saying to not use the reports, because, by all means, if it shows up its probably true, but just don't assume because the report is clean that the vehicle was taken care of.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Just carfax the VIN, worked for my KW .