LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank View Post
Bandit and Tracer:

I find the "point" on the dogs are slightly rounded so the have a tendency not to grab into the teeth as well as the other winches where the dogs have a sharp point. I often find myself using my fingers to engage the dog before I let go of the winch bar. Or is it just me?

Also. I saw an interesting modification to a Wilson a few months ago. He converted over to standard (Kinnedyne?) winches by welding their winch track underneath.
Funny, I do the same thing with these winches especially in bad weather. If I don't hold the latch or dog, they don't grab on the next teeth. No wonder my right arm is bigger than the left now - I'm pushing on the load bar with the right, while using the left to hold the dog on my Cnd$38,000 Wilson trailer

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Board Regular

Yep. Same here. Actually got myself yanked pretty hard one time over the dawg not locking into place. Jumped down on the bar belly strapping pipe and, I don't know, just relaxed or something. It didn't feel good, anyway.