User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
...The back taxes are likely to cause them the most problems. The government will get their money no matter what...
This is what concerns me the most as a former Arrow employee. I was employed half the year inside the office, and now it seems to be up for grabs as to how much, if any, of our payroll taxes were properly paid to the state and federal government. Only time will tell, but I know I'm not holding my breath on getting a W-2 this year.

As for the Bentley....Doug nearly hit me head on twice in that damn car when I was going between our training facility and the main terminal. Would have made a nice headline for him to kill someone in Safety in his shiny car. :thumbsdown: He's had a taste for expensive cars for years and years - even parking one of those high dollar International pickup trucks behind the shop for a long while after killing the raises the mechanics were promised at one point. Not like he ever drove the damn thing anywhere. As for the others mentioned, Mowry was very believable...he's very personable and it makes him a fabulous liar. He's also an attorney, so go figure on that one. Ah well, like our director of safety said, I wish justice on them for all of my fellow coworkers - justice, not revenge. It's still sad to see what was a great company fall so far, so fast.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselgrl View Post
This is what concerns me the most as a former Arrow employee. I was employed half the year inside the office, and now it seems to be up for grabs as to how much, if any, of our payroll taxes were properly paid to the state and federal government. Only time will tell, but I know I'm not holding my breath on getting a W-2 this year.

As for the Bentley....Doug nearly hit me head on twice in that damn car when I was going between our training facility and the main terminal. Would have made a nice headline for him to kill someone in Safety in his shiny car. :thumbsdown: He's had a taste for expensive cars for years and years - even parking one of those high dollar International pickup trucks behind the shop for a long while after killing the raises the mechanics were promised at one point. Not like he ever drove the damn thing anywhere. As for the others mentioned, Mowry was very believable...he's very personable and it makes him a fabulous liar. He's also an attorney, so go figure on that one. Ah well, like our director of safety said, I wish justice on them for all of my fellow coworkers - justice, not revenge. It's still sad to see what was a great company fall so far, so fast.
That's kind of the impression I was getting from everything I read about it. And, that jet is his too. I'm suspecting that Flying J and TAB are not making things up. There's just too much of it in the court document. There was a reason they stated "Lavish Lifestyle".

Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselgrl View Post

I would expect Arrow to send out W-2's. They will want to keep a low profile with the the feds. They cannot bankrupt on taxes.

It still blows my mind that he would continue to buy all those toys when the company was in such difficulties. He should have been liquidating assets and cutting expenses to keep things going.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Almost sounds like Arrow didn't necessarily go bankrupt from business activity or rates. They may have actually been a profitable operation. Seems they it was a scam from the get go and Arrow closed the doors when TAB cut the money off.

How long were these clowns in their positions at Arrow?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1catfish View Post
can somebody tell me in lamens terms what the articles said.
Yes. In layman's terms? The TAB crew was ferried aboard the good ship Arrow to bail her out. Upon arrival, they found the doomed Arrow's captain provisioning his launch while selling his indentured crew and plundered buckets at salvage prices. The ship sank and all were lost except the captain and Mom, who escaped in his Land-Bent-Maser-Citation-yacht. Layman enough?

TAB played along when they knew they shouldn't have. They should have turned off the tap and sued at the first hint of impropriety aka -fraud-. In their own SWORN COMPLAINT they make clear why they continued. They're just as guilty as Arrow. I'm confident the Driver's attorneys will go after TAB, too. Then it becomes an exercise in "Who's lawyers can fabricate the best stone from which to extract the most blood?".

The really good news is the substantial evidence of a crime. An aggressive prosecutor and a sympathetic judge should be able to get the Peilschmucks into jail, if only for a photo-op. Soon, hopefully and hopefully more.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I would doubt that criminal charges will be filed until the civil suites are heard. It could put more pressure on Arrow executives if criminal charges were pending, but unless TAB presses for criminal charges I doubt that any will be filed as long as they get their money. In fact, they may work something out where they get a certain amount of money in lieu of criminal charges being filed. I would not think that any charges would be filed against these people for collecting the insurance premiums or taxes. They may work something out to return some of the money and perhaps a reduced amount to the IRS to close the matter. If these people think that they won't get their money then they might pursue criminal charges.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I would doubt that criminal charges will be filed until the civil suites are heard . .
I disagree. While I believe TAB is entirely complicit, TAB's fraud and RICO allegations are pretty juicy meat and they'll be vigorously pursued. Considering the exposure this story is getting, the audacity of the Peilschmucks, the number of victims and that many of them live in and around Tulsa, I'd say criminal indictments are already being prepared and will be in the news shortly.

As a practical matter, assuming charges are filed, both the victims and the accused are entitled to SWIFT, best in class, justice. Civil cases can linger on and on forever. Remember OJ? Ken Lay? Enron? Bernie Madoff-widaldado?

Last edited by cdswans; 01-12-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Whether we are talking about civil or criminal the trial is likely to take months. I doubt that they will have both trials at the same time. It is unlikely that criminal charges will be filed without a grand jury indictment. Records will likely be subpoenaed. There will be depositions to be taken. Legal maneuvering by both sides could really stretch this out. If criminal charges are filed they will probably want to extend this out at least closer to November due to the elections. The one thing that could speed this along is that TAB has all the records in hand.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
And then, I hear people saying they want someone in the Oval Office with business experience? Which one would you like? Peilsticker, Mowry, or Moore? All three seem to be out of work at this point.
:eek2:

Mowry is the only one of the bunch with a "Law" degree.......hence the only one qualified to serve in the government!!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Old 01-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok......I don't get "G's" stance.

It seems pretty clear that the directors and management of "Arrow Trucking" were up to NO-GOOD, from the start of their dealings with TAB. Maybe all of them felt that they could rip TAB off for a few million, and because of Flying J filing for bankruptcy then essentially selling the truck stops off to Pilot, they all figured TAB would just roll the loses' into the Bankruptcy proceedings.

Who knows.

TAB's lawyers pretty well have staked out a firm claim for possession of the "Arrow Trucking Corporation", if you read their wording on pages 23 thru 25, of the filing. They make it clear that the action is against the individuals, while the filings wording infers protection for the "Corporation", by TAB.

All in all....I don't feel all that bad for TAB.... OR Flying J. It would appear that they were so "enthralled" with doing business with "Arrow Trucking" in such a major way, that they failed to run credit checks against "Arrow Trucking", the Directors of "Arrow Trucking" or even the customers of, "Arrow Trucking". It seems, to me, that TAB failed miserably to protect itself.