User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 02:56 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcarsalesman View Post
6mo has gone by.. are these numbers still doable??
I still stand with what I've said before.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:50 AM

Thanks i was just curious!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:02 AM

[QUOTE=solo379;479497]I still stand with what I've said before.[/QUOT

What you dont think i could get 1.56? is that to much pulling reefer? i dont know what the rates are....and i dont know where to look ... no one like talking about rates.. its always $1 to $3... so i never can get and handle on what to charge...if that rate is to high i need to know...
Old 05-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Rates are up in most segments. It depends on where you run. For instance, inbound rates to the Northeast are pretty good, but coming out they are not. Rates going to the left coast are up, but not sufficient to lure me to run the west coast. Rates coming out are better than a few months ago, but not as high as they need to be for our operating costs. Reefer rates should be higher coming off the left coast than flats. Going west with a reefer tends to have lower rates. It is the opposite for flats. I know it sometimes sounds like some of us are not willing to share rates, but there are a number of factors which come into play when you are discussing rates. Things have changed dramatically for me and others that I know in the last couple of months. I attribute some of this to seasonal up swings which happens every year. Another factor is that there is more freight moving. Many carriers and owner operators have gone out of business during the last year and a half. Less capacity and more freight is the main factor in rising rates. The rates are still not going up as quickly as fuel costs. What could be a good rate today may not be a good rate a few weeks from now. If fuel goes up to $5/gallon then $2/mile is not such a good rate. However, if fuel is at $2.50/gallon then $2/mile is much more attractive. Things can change quickly in this business.