User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You know, people talk a lot of shmack about being ticketed and harassed by NYC cops. I (knock on wood) have found them to be nothing but helpful, even if they can be a bit brusque (such is the way of New Yorkers). All the want is for you to impede traffic as little as possible. They understand you've got a job to do and have always been understanding when we've been down there (did LTL in all 5 boroughs every week for two years).
Old 10-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Rookie
Thumbs up how about trying printable maps

Whenever I want to go to a place, I usually print maps because there’s no 100% certainty that we can access GPS all the time. I like to have maps to print and look at just in case. There’s this guy I know that has many printable maps, and for NY maps, here’s the link New York City Map, US, exact vector street G-view Level 15 (500 meters) map V3.09, full editable, printable Adobe PDF It’s a paid map, but I like that it’s extremely detailed, updated, and editable. You can add routes also to show your preferred roads, which is useful for setting delivery routes. How was the delivery? What’s the best route you used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrissel View Post
Hello Ya'll,

I'm picking up a load tomorrow that is delivering to NYC on saturday night on Broadway. I'm looking for some help on a route in (from the south) and anytthing else I need to know. I have been to and driven in the city many times, but only in a 4 wheeler.

Thanks in adance for your help!

-scott